5 replies to this topic

#1 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

http://www.fishingma...news/14676.html

Another World record looks to have fallen as this huge 94 lb Carp was caught recently.

Dirk

#2 ec1

ec1

Perch

• Active Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Holy crap! That thing is HUGE, but darn, it's ugly!

#3 Guest_Blair_*

Guest_Blair_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

Early news of the new world record carp caught by Martin Locke from Rainbow Lake in France.

A new world record carp has been caught by Solar Tackle owner Martin Locke of Kent.

Weighing 94lbs and caught from France’s Rainbow Lake near Bordeaux, the fish was caught during the night in temperatures approaching zero. Martin had positioned the bait over 200 yards from the bank and in order to land the fish had to row himself out to it dressed in little more than a T-shirt.

#4 RedCat

RedCat

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

A mirror carp to boot. Great fish, congrats to the lucky and skillful angler! Where was it caught?

#5 Jet fishin

Jet fishin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

I would love to catch one of those around here, hard for someone to catch one over 40 pounds.

#6 classic drifter

classic drifter

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:49 PM

I would love to catch one of those around here, hard for someone to catch one over 40 pounds.

jet fishin i have tried my luck for carp last summer to take a break from a morning full of smallmouth, landed 3 20+ lbs in one spot and one around 15 pounds in another location, i would say they are one of the hardest fighting species pound for pound! do you go for carp also?