• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

When do the salmon start running in the Notty really want to go catch some :)

#2 efka

efka

• Active Members
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

they start tomorrow at 9.30 am. :)

#3 shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

Are you serious on a Monday and you know exactly what time they start lol i think your pullin my leg lol :) :) 8)

#4 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

hahaha....yeah i think there is being some leg pulling happening! I doubt the salmon are in full fledge spawning/migratory mode yet. Generally colder weather and cold rain gets them moving in. There probably is some starting to make their move. We are going to try out for a few hours this afternoon near the mouth.

#5 shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

well that saved me alot of time i just thought everything was moving faster this year because of the early run of the trout.

#6 halleb

halleb

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Nah, you are wrong man, latest word is, due to unforeseen circumstances, it will be delayed for several hours at least, so say after 11:30 am :)

#7 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

Went out for 6 hours this afternoon. Got 2 small mudcats and a rockbass. No salmon or trout spotted.

#8 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Nah, you are wrong man, latest word is, due to unforeseen circumstances, it will be delayed for several hours at least, so say after 11:30 am :)

My friend's cousin's friend's dad is a salmon and he says they are taking the day off tomorrow.

#9 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:29 AM

My friend's cousin's friend's dad is a salmon and he says they are taking the day off tomorrow.

lol funny guys... but if you do know anything about the salmon run in the Notty, please let the OP know. 8)

#10 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

Well we decided to go give it a shot tonight near the mouth. My buddy picked up 3 pike this morning so we figure we'd give it a go. We went at 6 pm and stayed till 11. No salmon or trout, just 2 tiny cats. There was a guy there that we were talking to though, and he was saying that the run has started and his buddies have been picking up some salmon in angus on the notty.

#11 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

Thanks redskullz.

#12 wishniwasfishn

wishniwasfishn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

i was at the notty in anguish yesterday afternoon and things were pretty quiet... a few people fishing. I talked to one older guy who said his buddy caught 2 on tuesday - both males.

#13 RedSkullz

RedSkullz

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Got some cooler hard rains happening today! Things are looking good for later on this week!

#14 wishniwasfishn

wishniwasfishn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

had some luck at the notty yesterday. got an 8lb male around 2pm off a canadian wiggler.

#15 salmonslayer

salmonslayer

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

i was at the nott in angus on sunday and was pleased with the action, saw several and landed two 8 pounders, one male and one female.......nice and silver, goin back tomorrow......chartuese blue fox#3 spinner for both :)

#16 Porcushorul

Porcushorul

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Went at the Notty's mouth yesterday evening, there was almost no action, excepting one nice piece of salmon caught by a funny Italian gentleman, around 6PM. Stayed longer but still nothing.

#17 wishniwasfishn

wishniwasfishn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'll be out at the notty in angus to try my luck again today at 2pm. Went out lastnight and only saw one really small salmon caught.

#18 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

Was at the Nott sunday just off of sunnydale road near Stayner. Saw nothing and caught no salmon. Did land 2 big catfish on frogs.

#19 wishniwasfishn

wishniwasfishn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

stopped in today after work and saw a guy release a small female. saw a couple others jump

#20 MENACE

MENACE

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:23 PM

Went up friday afternoon and came home monday around noon. No signs of any salmon until sunday i lost one. Nothing again after that til monday was standing up on the cliff just before we were leaving and watched about 25 salmon fly up the rapids. Ran down and tossed a few lines and lost a couple. Had to leave so couldnt stay, im sure we would have landed a few if we had more time.