• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

anyone have a date for when this store is supposed to open?

#2 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I heard it was a few weeks away.

#3 FISHCHRIS

FISHCHRIS

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I heard it was a few weeks away.

thanks spinninreel,i'm sure we will here more soon.

#4 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

WHATTT!!!!! really??? I don't know, I was at the Sail in Vaughn, and I really wasnt much of a fan of it. I truly like BPS more. I found BPS was cheaper, and you could tell BPS was a true outdoors store were Sail i just felt like i was in a big box store yeah know.

Although knowing there is one their, I will frequent it just for my small things, but if I want to make a big purchase I am still going to BPS lol.

#5 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

WHATTT!!!!! really??? I don't know, I was at the Sail in Vaughn, and I really wasnt much of a fan of it. I truly like BPS more. I found BPS was cheaper, and you could tell BPS was a true outdoors store were Sail i just felt like i was in a big box store yeah know.

Although knowing there is one their, I will frequent it just for my small things, but if I want to make a big purchase I am still going to BPS lol.

I couldnt disagree more. I found that Sail had the best prices on reels I have come across and they also carried more quality products than BPS. They also had much more knowledgable staff than BPS in Vaughan. Since BPS is attached to the large mall its also much busier which made it feel like more of a big box store. I had no idea there was a new one coming in Burlington, thats amazing as it will cut about 40 minutes out of my drive!

#6 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

OK quick question, I went to inspect my chest waders and found a quarter sized hole in the bottom of my right boot FCUK.. My question is this..

Who would have the better prices for new chest waders? Or even just a better selection. I had waders with attached boots and have been thinking about getting stockingfoot waders, is stockingfoot the way to go or is it all personal preference?

#7 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

OK quick question, I went to inspect my chest waders and found a quarter sized hole in the bottom of my right boot FCUK.. My question is this..

Who would have the better prices for new chest waders? Or even just a better selection. I had waders with attached boots and have been thinking about getting stockingfoot waders, is stockingfoot the way to go or is it all personal preference?

I have a quick question before I answer your question.....How the heck did you not notice a quarter sized hole in your boot when your were out on the water!!! :blink:

To answer your question: I see you are located in Kitchener, I would take a look at Natural Sports. Last fall I needed to get waders there and they had a bunch of good sales on. I ended up getting some lower end stocking foot neoprene waders for 80 bucks. They were very good quality for the price, ill have to wait until after the spring season to see how good they actually are.

#8 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have a quick question before I answer your question.....How the heck did you not notice a quarter sized hole in your boot when your were out on the water!!! :blink:

To answer your question: I see you are located in Kitchener, I would take a look at Natural Sports. Last fall I needed to get waders there and they had a bunch of good sales on. I ended up getting some lower end stocking foot neoprene waders for 80 bucks. They were very good quality for the price, ill have to wait until after the spring season to see how good they actually are.

Oh I never said I didn't notice something out on the water lol.. But at first inspection I only noticed cracks where the boot and waders met, so I sealed it up and back out I go.. Then I notice water in the other boot and after inspection, cracks along the seam again.. YES I will say I never looked at the boot because of finding the cracks all going the seams BUT, I also figured after only a year and a half of semi use I didn't think the boot shoulder got a hole already, lesson learned lol

#9 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I will be looking at Rainbow Sports in Waterloo, Natural Sports in Kitchener and Tall Tales in Cambridge. I've never been to BPS or SAIL before so I will definitely check them out as well, maybe the new Sail will have some super good deals lol

Thank you very much

#10 Porter86

Porter86

Perch

• Active Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I couldnt disagree more. I found that Sail had the best prices on reels I have come across and they also carried more quality products than BPS. They also had much more knowledgable staff than BPS in Vaughan. Since BPS is attached to the large mall its also much busier which made it feel like more of a big box store. I had no idea there was a new one coming in Burlington, thats amazing as it will cut about 40 minutes out of my drive!

When I was at the one in woodbridge, I wasnt looking looking at reels and what not. I was looking at waders, and kayaks, and what they had for bows. I found that their waders were way over priced for what I could get a BPS. i got a pair of redheads for 80$ on sale, but the cheapest price at SAIL was like 180$ that I saw when I was their. I was their not too long after opening, maybe that was why. But my general first experience of SAIL did not compete to how I feel about BPS lol. I had no idea as well until this thread, went to their website and ohh hey their is haha. It will cut about 1 hour of my drive, depeneing on where it is in Burly, I should be able to get there in 10 minutes haha. :D

I will be looking at Rainbow Sports in Waterloo, Natural Sports in Kitchener and Tall Tales in Cambridge. I've never been to BPS or SAIL before so I will definitely check them out as well, maybe the new Sail will have some super good deals lol

Thank you very much

When I went to the woodbridge Location just after it oepned, they did not have any super sales at all. I wouldn't hold your breath quite yet for that IMO lol.

#11 PikeHunter

PikeHunter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

When I was at the one in woodbridge, I wasnt looking looking at reels and what not. I was looking at waders, and kayaks, and what they had for bows. I found that their waders were way over priced for what I could get a BPS. i got a pair of redheads for 80$ on sale, but the cheapest price at SAIL was like 180$ that I saw when I was their. I was their not too long after opening, maybe that was why. But my general first experience of SAIL did not compete to how I feel about BPS lol. I had no idea as well until this thread, went to their website and ohh hey their is haha. It will cut about 1 hour of my drive, depeneing on where it is in Burly, I should be able to get there in 10 minutes haha. :D

When I went to the woodbridge Location just after it oepned, they did not have any super sales at all. I wouldn't hold your breath quite yet for that IMO lol.

That's alright because the way I save money, the trip up for the opener will be to get hooks, sinkers, floats etc... Lol