• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Igor

Igor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

Georgian Bay Pike and Walleye open I didnt get a chance to fish for Walleye .We did the pike tourny the water temp still cold at 42degrees sat morning..warmed up around mid day to around 50 where we started then to see a couple fish...mostly small fish biting on the pike front but we hit ours in 7 to 9 ft of water off in back bays near weed or soon to be weedy areas using perch pattern Raps...Sunday had to take out a few people for Lakers..Water warming up it was 46 in the morning and 52 by afternoon..Found some fish bitin on 75ft edges and some as far up as 45ft fished from 10am to 3pm got about 15 lost around 5 ...and all quality fish ..I had them drop shotting with dead smelts and small to medium size rods which makes it more sporty with better and harder fights ...Braided 12lb test with a half rod length of flourocarbon 6lb test 5/8 oz bell sinkers with a octopus hook 14 "es above the sinker.. I told the young boy he would catch a fish as big as him and he almost did it was a little shy...It was a beautiful day with light warm winds.The fish bit well untill around 2 pm and slowed down...when the winds picked up and changed direction...
Here's a pic of the little guy with his big catch...Hope this helps some Good Luck and Fish on <')))><

DSCF4756.jpg

#2 Igor

Igor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Here;s pic of there double header

DSCF4763.JPG

#3 Igor

Igor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

One I caught :)

DSCF4766.jpg

#4 Igor

Igor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Here's a pic of the other young lad with his Dad and one of his fish ..Many fish were caught & lost ...but memories made ... Fish on to all

DSCF4764.jpg

#5 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Great report and some clean looking fish :cool: Looks like you all had a great day.

#6 georgianbaydrifter

georgianbaydrifter

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

gotta love PS lakers,, nice report

#7 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Georgian Bay Pike and Walleye open I didnt get a chance to fish for Walleye .We did the pike tourny the water temp still cold at 42degrees sat morning..warmed up around mid day to around 50 where we started then to see a couple fish...mostly small fish biting on the pike front but we hit ours in 7 to 9 ft of water off in back bays near weed or soon to be weedy areas using perch pattern Raps...Sunday had to take out a few people for Lakers..Water warming up it was 46 in the morning and 52 by afternoon..Found some fish bitin on 75ft edges and some as far up as 45ft fished from 10am to 3pm got about 15 lost around 5 ...and all quality fish ..I had them drop shotting with dead smelts and small to medium size rods which makes it more sporty with better and harder fights ...Braided 12lb test with a half rod length of flourocarbon 6lb test 5/8 oz bell sinkers with a octopus hook 14 "es above the sinker.. I told the young boy he would catch a fish as big as him and he almost did it was a little shy...It was a beautiful day with light warm winds.The fish bit well untill around 2 pm and slowed down...when the winds picked up and changed direction...
Here's a pic of the little guy with his big catch...Hope this helps some Good Luck and Fish on <')))><

DSCF4756.jpg

Are you a fishing guide? If so were are you located? Thanks.

#8 Igor

Igor

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Yes I am a guide ..I am located near Parry Sound(Dunchurch) do alot of my guiding out on Georgian Bay out of Parry Sound and a most of the inland lakes on hwy 124 fish all kinds of species you can check me out on facebook as
Igor's Fishing Adventures ...for pics and vids... Gl and fish on...

#9 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing!

#10 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Yes I am a guide ..I am located near Parry Sound(Dunchurch) do alot of my guiding out on Georgian Bay out of Parry Sound and a most of the inland lakes on hwy 124 fish all kinds of species you can check me out on facebook as
Igor's Fishing Adventures ...for pics and vids... Gl and fish on...

Thanks.

#11 Dewy

Dewy

Sunfish

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

DSCF4756.jpg

Nice Lakers!