• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

So I managed to get my hands on a Shimano Bantam Coriolis CO-200 and have managed to figure out *most* of it...but...always the proverbial but! I've never used a reel like this and wonder if anyone has any tips/tricks for using it. I am doing some reading on it, but between the cast control and the magnetic setting.....new fangled dang hardware!

TIA

Cheers,
Cameron

#2 Klamp

Klamp

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

put cheap line in it until you figure out how to cast like a pro

#3 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

put cheap line in it until you figure out how to cast like a pro

From what I've been researching it looks like the proper setup is the key. I'm thinking I'm going to like this reel!

#4 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

From what I've been researching it looks like the proper setup is the key. I'm thinking I'm going to like this reel!

Ok, time to revive this! I took it out for a couple of hours last weekend and *knock on wood* only got a *teeny* birds nest once! After about 15 minutes I had the mag turned off and the reel pretty much free spinning and was getting some pretty good casts with it (almost as far as with my spinning rig).

So now the question (since my Son informed me that I was a noob and using the wrong rod). Anything special or recommendations on a rod for this reel? Yes, I have done a bunch of reading to find out exactly what the differences are between the two but want to find out if anyone can point out a half decent rod for a good price.

TIA

Cameron

#5 MaxHook

MaxHook

Sunfish

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

#6 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

That is a good intro to using a bait caster. what I would probably add is that when the lure hits the water or a split second before, put your thumb on the spool to stop it, and you won't a get a bird's nest. Also when you do the adjustment on the side for tension, let it loosen until the lure falls to the ground and the spool stops immediately.

#7 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Ok, time to revive this! I took it out for a couple of hours last weekend and *knock on wood* only got a *teeny* birds nest once! After about 15 minutes I had the mag turned off and the reel pretty much free spinning and was getting some pretty good casts with it (almost as far as with my spinning rig).

So now the question (since my Son informed me that I was a noob and using the wrong rod). Anything special or recommendations on a rod for this reel? Yes, I have done a bunch of reading to find out exactly what the differences are between the two but want to find out if anyone can point out a half decent rod for a good price.

TIA

Cameron

I actually found that this video was good at explaining how to get rid of the birds nests.

#8 Spinninreel

Spinninreel

Piscicapturist

• Active Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Good Tip.