• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I was on another forum, and read a report about a guy catching his first Salmon.

These were his exact words.

"What I learned was how challenging it is to hook one of these monsters. Luckily for me, a nice Male Salmon positioned himself perfectly in the shallows for me to flow my egg bait right into his mouth! Finesse fishing at it's best tongue.gif"

Would this be considered lining since the egg was unwillingly put into the Salmons mouth, IMO definitely not cool, let the Salmon choose what it want's to eat, don't drift it into it's open mouth, but what are your takes on it.

Is it considered lining?

#2 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

probably best not to open this can of worms

#3 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Tech_Floss_01.jpg

Not exactly lining, but same thing (it's just as unethical), he's force feeding it.

#4 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Good grief!

#5 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Is it considered lining?

Nah, it's plain old snagging, except in the mouth which is pretty darn difficult to do :blink:

#6 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

That doesn't really classify under catching the fish. He shouldn't be very proud of himself.

#7 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

its how 95% of salmon in rivers are caught whether people want to accept it or not. Making drifts through a pool with 50 fish in it without lining is impossible. Dont get me wrong I think salmon do hit when they are up river, i've seen it many times before. It just cracks me up when I hear stuff like "man they are really biting today".

#8 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

The salmon are actively feeding......on people's lines :razz:

#9 CJR

CJR

#RNS

• Active Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

its how 95% of salmon in rivers are caught whether people want to accept it or not. Making drifts through a pool with 50 fish in it without lining is impossible. Dont get me wrong I think salmon do hit when they are up river, i've seen it many times before. It just cracks me up when I hear stuff like "man they are really biting today".

but....I saw it smash my ear plug.

#10 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

this is what I was talking abou as well--hilarious--best part is the owner of the forum took him there and showed him the ropes...lol

#11 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

this is what I was talking abou as well--hilarious--best part is the owner of the forum took him there and showed him the ropes...lol

Read the thread even more, he's defending him....

#12 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

what are you guys talking about?

#13 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I just read it..fantastic man --bait floated right into his mouth--lol

#14 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

We should all be terribly ashamed.  Hooking a fish in the mouth?  For shame... and completely unethical 

#15 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

guess you didn't read the post the OP.

#16 416fish

416fish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

I just read it.  How does a fish willingly do something if according to some beliefs and religions, they do not possess free will?  Just want to understanding

#17 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I just read it.  How does a fish willingly do something if according to some beliefs and religions, they do not possess free will?  Just want to understanding

Seriously... You're bringing religion into this??

#18 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

It is not a good sight but this has been happening for ages. flossing, lining call it what you want but is it different from "fishing for suckers" on a pond that holds trout? catching trout before opening and showing the world? one of the oldest trick in the fishing book. the rules are rigged...almost everybody gets away with it...salmons do hit spoons and spinners...yes, last year I got outfished by the marshmallow brigade...them catching 5 - 15 salmons to my 1 - 2 (using spinners) in one outing. It is unethical but I guess it's no illegal since mallows are legally sold.

#19 CDNChrome

CDNChrome

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Seriously... You're bringing religion into this??

Agreed....lol this is gunna get ugly if religion gets involved, not quite sure how it even relates

#20 steelhead101

steelhead101

Sunfish

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

i feel that all my salmon i caught this year so far have all been from a bite, a friend was drifting the same pools at the same depth yet he didn't get a hit with his roe bag and i was using beads and on a clear day you can watch the salmon head swing and they nip at the bead. people who are lining are the ones whos floats wobble from the line hitting a fish and they set the hook down river and has hard as they can. 

any one see the new trend on river? full sinking fly line with 3 or 4 split shots and a bugger fly with heavy line. now that is lining haha