• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 salmonfisher

salmonfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

I am happy cuz I caught my first salmon of the season, it was at an east trib, she was fresh, full of roe and weighed about 30 pounds, she was successfully released, now lets get to the Disgusted part, I fished till it was dark and right before sundown a bunch of Idiots rolled in with a gigantic musky net each with stupid cap lights, they went in the water barefooted and was netting fish one after the other just for the roe, and I was like WTF!!! , these guys that were fishing beside me decided that it would be a good idea to copy them so they dropped their rods and went in with a net. I was so shocked that I just packed up and left out of anger

#2 Giuga10

Giuga10

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

That's f*****g HORRIBLE. Those guys deserve a nice punch in the face!

#3 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

jerks...wish the MNR would have response times as fast as calling 911

maybe taking a picture would help? and then sending that to the MNR?

#4 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

#5 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Dude thats insane..

#6 buck

buck

Perch

• Active Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

#7 Rainbow

Rainbow

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Loogans are like chimps man. One starts poaching and the rest follow. It's worth calling the MNR in situations like that.

#8 salmonfisher

salmonfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

I was going to call the MNR but knowing that with this weather and at the time that they wouldnt send anyone out right away, i opted to go talk to them about the rules and regulations but all i got is a smile and "no english", like seriously WTF are you gonna do with all that roe, you cant eat it all in time, you cant sell it cuz that'll get you in big big trouble, i just dont get it. I will try to report it to the mnr and maybe they can send someone out when it gets dark to catch all of those idiots

Disgusting is right, those are the people that ruin it for legitimate anglers :mad: Glad you got your first salmon though ;)

i know i felt sick to my stomach, Thanks :)

#9 salmonfisher

salmonfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

jerks...wish the MNR would have response times as fast as calling 911

maybe taking a picture would help? and then sending that to the MNR?

It was getting dark i tried  filming it but it wouldnt pick up their faces and what exactly they were doing...

#10 fishing89

fishing89

Perch

• Active Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

cant sell roe? they will just sell or give it away to their friends. How can people pillage a resource like that? without thinking about what ramifications it will have if everyone just says F*** it im doing the same thing.

Plus, whats the fun in netting fish? Landing a 30lb salmon on a pin or fly rod is an incredible rush, and hard work. I do it for the pictures and stories. If there is fresh roe, sure i may take it once a season for consumption and making roe bags that will last me for the next season.

These people are disgusting, greedy and selfish. Seriously though, the meat is GROSS, Its old, dark, tired and drained meat...from lake Ontario. Why would you even want that? I guess for the roe, but thats back to my point above.

Buy some organic salmon flown in fresh from BC like I do and enjoy that, much better for you and the environment

#11 fishing fr3ak

fishing fr3ak

Sunfish

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Holy crap dude.. Thats just WRONG!!

#12 BASS BUSTER !

BASS BUSTER !

Bass! Pike! Muskie!

• Active Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

NOT Nice At All!!  "No Speak English".  You wanna bet they speak it when they have to!!

FREAKIN' IDIOTS!!!!

#13 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

I have a few choice words I can toss out.

#14 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Wat a bunch of idiots, it makes me even more mad when they use the line "no English"...wat a bunch of morons

#15 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Idiots, they are everywhere.

Likewise I was out east this weekend. I landed 2 larger Salmon. I did give em to my freinds parents who were there with us.

However- So I see these guys fishing and snagging fish all day. Finally after a couple drinks in me (yes I was drinking with friends, I didnt have to drive home) I finally said as they were about to land another snagged fish that they better let it go, its a snagg. I didnt realize the people on shore next to me were with them. They started speaking philipino and were making hand gestures that they would meet down the river out of my view to put the fish in the car/cooler.

I said to them point blank as I took out my iPhone I am taking pictures of thier licence plates, video of the guys in the river and I will be giving it over to the MNR who were there just minutes prior.

Well, that didnt to squat in terms of saving the fish. They unhooked it with a set of pliers and left its lifeless body to float down the river sideways. They did however pack up and leave..

Makes me so mad.

There were dead bodys all over the side of the river with just the belly's cut open. Gross and upsetting.

#16 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Im so happy i don't have to deal with this much where i fish

#17 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

^^

Weren't there 4 stabbings in Hamilton this weekend?

#18 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hey i never said theyre weren't murders here lol

#19 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

salmon fishing should be completely banned...period---the majority of snagging FARRR outweighs dying salmon feeding on your bait/tackle--every year there are stories of this stuff going on --in 20 years salmon will be 600 bucks an ounce --wild salmon will only be in books--and the farmed salmon will be all anyone knows as "salmon"

#20 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

personally I still cannot understand why people go so wild over these fish--its like a drug addiction--dying fish heading to make babies...and before anyones water breaks--it is not directed at anyone---I am guilty myself of fishing for these dying fish--it just needs to stop --just alone seeing this graceful giant --flopping around on shore---slowly dying at the hands of some eastern European guy who only sees it as eggs and meat...so sad man