#41 eric

eric

Sunfish

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

whining doesnt do anything. 

you guys gotta remember.
there arent that many species of fish here to begin with, being landlocked and such.

lets say you managed to ban salmon fishing, then everyone is just going to fish other things.

given time, people catch too many of those fish --  you gonna tell them to ban that too?

this is just reality and you have to accept it.

you cant tell people not to fish, thats just the same as trampling all over their rights.

#42 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Remy is just mad he couldnt catch salmon, so he pawned his float geat for fly gear now catches massive brookies.

#43 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

You wanna talk about gross?! Last year last leg of the salmon run - meaning - zombies - meaning - stench in the air - but  we all know steels are on the starting line of their race. I was at the bank and saw this dead salmon...not rotten but not fresh either. I was minding my own business casting...2 guys came by...nodded and in their not so perfect english "any luck?" i answered back "1 fish so far". As soon as the other dude saw the dead salmon. didn't bat an eye, took out a black plastic bag and directly looking at me ask "yours?" i shook my headed. he bagged it. packed up. didn't bother to wet the line and they left. I guess that's the day's quota.

#44 guest

Smallmouth Bass

• Closed Accounts
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

hope you didn't go to your local euro restaurant that night...love Europeans but man some of those hardy polish dudeswill eat road kill stuffed into a leather purse

#45 salmonfisher

salmonfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

i have reported it to the MNR with the not so great quality video that i got last night, now lets hope they do something about it, us anglers buy licenses, read thru tons of information to find out whats allowed and whats not, do everything in favor of the wildlife and in the end while your trying to actually fish some a**hole buys a 50$ musky net and catches 10 times more fish than you -_- , that just makes my blood boil :evil:

#46 salmonfisher

salmonfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 90 posts

hope you didn't go to your local euro restaurant that night...love Europeans but man some of those hardy polish dudeswill eat road kill stuffed into a leather purse

LMAO thats disgusting!!!!

#47 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Yea sure, you walk up with a 6' 350lbs man there with a group of friends and a MNR badge. Ill pay you $100 cash to do it and try to correct that situation. See if they allow you to walk away. Headlines will read "Another 12 year old boy swallowed by river" Good one.

who said I would do that right now (me being the 5,9 135 lber that I am) either way pull out a me officer card and they would touch a hair on your head, same as a cop. Btw ijay in 14

#48 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I think I will just start taking my bow with me, I can easily pick off some of these pricks from 100yrds   :)

Seriously I don't know if there is much one can do, except maybe take some pics of the offenders and if possible there vehicle and plate and submit to the authorities.

#49 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think I will just start taking my bow with me, I can easily pick off some of these pricks from 100yrds   :)

Seriously I don't know if there is much one can do, except maybe take some pics of the offenders and if possible there vehicle and plate and submit to the authorities.

almost forgot if I am in my hunting gear ( see avatar ). they wont see me.  :ph34r:  lol

lol got a sniper by any chance? Lol I could pick one of from my house with the range on those things

#50 ShouldaUsedaLiter

ShouldaUsedaLiter

Sunfish

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Its pretty sad people do stuff like this. They need to be castrated....then released 

#51 Bug_Slinger

Bug_Slinger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Its pretty sad people do stuff like this. They need to be castrated....then released 

agreed :evil:

#52 Mr Grim Reefer

Mr Grim Reefer

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

wooowwwwwwww 

some people eh. MNR deff would report that 

#53 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

who said I would do that right now (me being the 5,9 135 lber that I am) either way pull out a me officer card and they would touch a hair on your head, same as a cop. Btw ijay in 14

I completely agree with what you are saying, the premise of you being an officer should be enough to safe guard you during your attempt to save these fish.

Let me paint a picture for you

You are in the middle of no where

You cannot posess any weapons legally to defend yourself otherwise further legal implications can follow (pre-meditated crimes)

you walk up to 1-5 people who say no english

they see your card,

either they feel threatened and know they can get away with the crime

they call ur bluff.

Eitherway in that situation you will end up with a pretty good beating from that group of people.

just like the guy who wants to fish with a $20 bill, what the hell can you possibly do to these offenders? The situations always turn nasty.

If enough calls are made about one spot, the CO's will frequent them provided offenders are caught.

I think paying CO's on commision of tickets issues/also tickets that go to court, if a CO shows up they get even more money (we pay a court fee for a reason) would keep CO'son thier toes.

Lets face it if you are paid based on performance, you will perform. If you are paid salary, you will do the minimum.

#54 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I completely agree with what you are saying, the premise of you being an officer should be enough to safe guard you during your attempt to save these fish.

Let me paint a picture for you
You are in the middle of no where
You cannot posess any weapons legally to defend yourself otherwise further legal implications can follow (pre-meditated crimes)
you walk up to 1-5 people who say no english
they see your card,
either they feel threatened and know they can get away with the crime
they call ur bluff.

Eitherway in that situation you will end up with a pretty good beating from that group of people.
just like the guy who wants to fish with a $20 bill, what the hell can you possibly do to these offenders? The situations always turn nasty.
If enough calls are made about one spot, the CO's will frequent them provided offenders are caught.

I think paying CO's on commision of tickets issues/also tickets that go to court, if a CO shows up they get even more money (we pay a court fee for a reason) would keep CO'son thier toes.

Lets face it if you are paid based on performance, you will perform. If you are paid salary, you will do the minimum.

I like your pay idea, based on performance, it had to be a scary job, (meant for 6'6 bodybuilders lol)

#55 MaxHook

MaxHook

Sunfish

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

This is why I quit salmon fishing ... seeing this first hand you loose the faith in humanity.  

#56 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

Some tips to consider when salmon fishing in an area with a huge crowd...

First off, you don't know WHO you're fishing with...so be aware specially when you're alone.

They may look alone but who knows how many friends they have nearby. Don't we all get seperated from our group at one point hunting for fish? They could be intoxicated...I've seen it happen. Not so much as a tangled line can get you into a fight...I've seen it happen. If you see something fishy going on (no pun)...if you want to take a picture, make sure you take it fast and unnoticed (things can get ugly) be very careful. I wouldn't even count on a huge crowd if you're up against 2 - 3 guys with bad intentions...the only thing they can be is witness to a crime (on you). I'm not saying you can let it fly...I wouldn't but make sure you are aware of your surroundings...Think wisely...When people are intoxicated and when they have the numbers, testosterones will skyrocket and they are ready fight anyone...I usually fish alone and observe my surroundings first...fishing second...always.

#57 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

I was going to call the MNR but knowing that with this weather and at the time that they wouldnt send anyone out right away, i opted to go talk to them about the rules and regulations but all i got is a smile and "no english", like seriously WTF are you gonna do with all that roe, you cant eat it all in time, you cant sell it cuz that'll get you in big big trouble, i just dont get it. I will try to report it to the mnr and maybe they can send someone out when it gets dark to catch all of those idiots

i know i felt sick to my stomach, Thanks :)

They use the row for bait.   Did they release the salmon that they netted?  

I would video tape them, make sure to get a license plate number if you can (even if it means hanging around till you see them get into their car) and go to the MNR. 

Better yet, call the police and claim that these guys are threatening you because you told them you were going to the MNR.  Cops show up fast, bad guys gone.  Once the mnr comes out, you can show them your video.  Or is that a bad idea? lol 

I bet they'll remember english then ;)

#58 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

Did you all know that it is a CRIME, like legal action can be taken against you for taking pictures/video of people without notice?

Crime involved or not?

This is why when you go into stores that use survielence cameras they will ALWAYS have a sign saying you are on video or CCTV in use.

You will find yourself in alot more trouble and the evidence is INADMISABLE into any kind of evidence.

Educate yourselves, take pictures of thier car, licence plate, time stamps, gps locations ect.

So upsetting to read over and over again.

100% YOU CANNOT INVADE PEOPLES PRIVACY BY TAKING PICTURES OF PEOPLE WITHOUT NOTIFIYING THEM

#59 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Have MNR on speed dial. Call them when you see something illegal...done. You did your part...it's up to MNR to do theirs.

#60 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Thats it, thats all you can do. You can take pictures of their car and licence plate.

The CO even applauded my efforst in reporting make, model, color and year of vehicle with the plate # then a describtion of the offenders.