• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ActuallyAndrew

ActuallyAndrew

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

I am surprised how little information there is on these motors. Can anyone speak to the reliability of the digital maximizer and how it affects battery run time? I just purchased my first motor, a 40lb thurst Endura Max. I'm using it on my 10 foot plastic boat which I know may be overkill but the plan is to move up to a larger boat in the next year.

I would love to hear from anyone that has used one.

#2 Porkpie

Porkpie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

I really don't known if it makes a huge difference, nonetheless both my powerdrive bowmount and my 50lb thrust transom mount have maximizer. I can run for at least 6 hours strictly on the bowmount on one 12 volt. My buddy has a standard transom mount without maximizer and he doesn't seem to think there is a difference. You will always get less run time out of a transom mount as it works harder to fight wind and push the boat. The bowmount is just more efficient! So there you go, that doesn't answer your question at all LOL!

BTW, there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to electric trolling motors!! More is always better!

#3 ActuallyAndrew

ActuallyAndrew

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

I really don't known if it makes a huge difference, nonetheless both my powerdrive bowmount and my 50lb thrust transom mount have maximizer. I can run for at least 6 hours strictly on the bowmount on one 12 volt. My buddy has a standard transom mount without maximizer and he doesn't seem to think there is a difference. You will always get less run time out of a transom mount as it works harder to fight wind and push the boat. The bowmount is just more efficient! So there you go, that doesn't answer your question at all LOL!

BTW, there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to electric trolling motors!! More is always better!

Thanks for the info! Guess theres only one way to find out and thats use it. Hopefully this weekend I'll take it out for the first time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minn, kota, endura, electric, trolling, motor