• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gordonmrtn@gmail.com

gordonmrtn@gmail.com

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Hi, I am new to fishing and would like to know the public lakes near Toronto. I found Philips Lake, Bond Lake and Thompson Lake but wasn't sure how to know if lakes are public or private. Since I am new to fishing, I'd like to fish from the shore. Would these lakes have that kind of access. Thanks. 

#2 Christopher K

Christopher K

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 995 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

None of those lakes are open to fishing, try lake Ontario or the many rivers around the city.

#3 BowSlayer

BowSlayer

Perch

• Active Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

bond, my favourite pike lake in the area, some monsters in there, if you sneak in early morning and launch a boat youll be fine, from shore you won't get anything even if it was open to fishing. (i never told you that)  :cool:

#4 BnK

BnK

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

bond, my favourite pike lake in the area, some monsters in there, if you sneak in early morning and launch a boat youll be fine, from shore you won't get anything even if it was open to fishing. (i never told you that)  :cool:

hehehehe the secrets at that place.... 

#5 thunderlord

thunderlord

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

Hi guys i dont know where to post this but, I having alot of problems finding a good shore fishing stop in the mississauga bramton area. I am fairly new to real fishing (bass, trout, ect...) however i have been fishing for catfish and sunfish in Lake aquatine since 2010. However now lake aquatine's fish population was greatly decreased due to over fishing. Today i went to Heart Lake in Brampton hopeing to catch a small LM or SMD bass or trout (7inchs or even smaller), however i had no luck and the people beside me only caught 1 small panfish. I was using a bo ya spinner and a blue wolf vibrax and i had no luck, then i tried a crack bait but also came out empty handed, do you guys know any good lakes with Bass or trout (ShoreFishing) near here? and is their a better bait i should try? Btw i also used worms and no luck.

#6 thunderlord

thunderlord

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Noobs af cant help a fellow fisherman