4 replies to this topic

#1 JordanMcK

JordanMcK

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hey folks,

So I had my first day ever along the lower Niagara about a week ago (dropped the boat in from Queenston and just drifted casting blind with no fish finder/tech stuff).. Caught some nice walleye, bass, silver, bass, and lost something monstrous off the edge of the shelf out there. I would really like to go back there and give it a second go (the scenery was cool and I really enjoyed the quality of fish I DID catch that day), but this time I will be restricted to shore fishing.. Would anybody be able to point me in a general direction as to where is a decent area to fish from shore out there? Feel free to throw it up here or shoot me a PM; any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everybody is having a great/safe long weekend, and catching lots of fish!

#2 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

wpool.. search that...

#3 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

From a boat, that area is world class.  From shore, it runs from being awesome to skunksville depending on the power dam. 

Second the whirlpool. Pack a good lunch because the climb out of there is a cardio workout... Speaking of cardio, if you are feeling intrepid enough, take a hike down into the Glen and run-n-gun all the shore openings.

#4 Pwnisher

Pwnisher

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Was at the whirlpool today and it was absolutely stunning! Took a bunch of pictures and fished there for 2 hours but got no bite. And the hike back up is definitely a workout. Can't wait to go back!

#5 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

Pool or glen is my bet, the walk to the pool isnt as bad as others would suggest, the glen isnt hard it's just tiring, the glen has more opportunities for fish but its a lot of work , the pool will get you less fish but still a lot and you don't need to walk a lot, just stand and cast