• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Today I explored  the same little Creek with 6"-18" of water. Crystal clear and cold. Stocked at the lower end with Rainbows,Atlantic salmon and resident Browns. The upper end is heavily stocked with atlantic salmon as well and all resident brook trout. The creek is a pristine stretch of water very much untouchable by alot of fisherman. To alot of people who look at these streams, would think that there is no big fish in there. but for many here they would be wrong.The atlantics and resident brookies i posted yesterday, was no match for todays fish caught in the same stretches of water.It always pay off when we talk less and fish more at places we never went before.Today I caught 4 Brook Trout with pics of the biggest one only.Also caught 2 mammoth brown trout as well.Hooked up countless atlantic salmon and countless rainbow trout. Saw 2 pike in these shallow water. One on the upper stretches and one on the lower stretches. Hope u enjoy these resident fishes.

This is the condition of the stream

20140831_170427_zpse349ea18.jpg

And this

20140831_170416_zps4acb7c07.jpg

And what follows came out of different places from the conditions above.I literally ambushed them from their hiding places.

First is an approx 20-24" Brown. First of the lot.Missed another of similar size.

20140831_122028_zpsce4edbb9.jpg

Then a second brown around 14-16'' came out from the same pool.

20140831_124853_zpsf31cd402.jpg

Then further up stream. I ambushed this Brooky along with 3 others but the camera battery died at this point and couldn't get any more pics.

20140831_175455_zps20fd7fa1.jpg

20140831_175501_zps11d2f6c9.jpg

ENJOY.

#2 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:12 AM

976621.gif

#3 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

Nice fish Nature, did you check out the spots i told you of? Lots of similar fish

#4 rybak

rybak

Sunfish

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

This type of scenery reminds me of when I used to travel east to look for trout. Couple of creek names whose names rhyme with 'muffins' and 'smithers' look very similar. Quality fish.

#5 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Nice fish Nature, did you check out the spots i told you of? Lots of similar fish

I havent gone there yet Chasin tail. Would do when the migratory fishes are in. Hey will this place get resident fish??

#6 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

This type of scenery reminds me of when I used to travel east to look for trout. Couple of creek names whose names rhyme with 'muffins' and 'smithers' look very similar. Quality fish.

Yes it would. Pretty much similar

#7 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Fantastic fish right there.  You have yourself quite the honey hole - gorgeous fish dude

#8 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

Fantastic fish right there.  You have yourself quite the honey hole - gorgeous fish dude

The best comment i got in a while from this forum. instead people encourage others to go out and fish and discover new places, they criticize those who do and the name and blame starts. Thanks for locking the atlantic thread. its the same BS from last time i posted pics of the browns last year. Maybe we can meet up and i will show u these stretches. Gorgeous fish indeed. i fell in love with them thats why i look for them to know where they are.

#9 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:14 PM

nice browns and same decent sized brookies

i would still say leave the atlantics alone though, more of a moral decision than anything else

#10 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

nice browns and same decent sized brookies

i would still say leave the atlantics alone though, more of a moral decision than anything else

Thanks. but the thing is u really cant avoid the atlantics in this creek no matter which portions u go. it is very very very heavily stocked covering more than 20kms long. I tried to use a big hook to avoid them from biting and plastics worms, they tend to chase that as well.i mean literally they are like creek chubs everywhere. i will take u there some time.let me know.

#11 coldfeet

coldfeet

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

Try using flies instead of those real worms harder to catch em' then :cool: nice fish. Looks like you're dialled in when it comes to scouting the spots, most trouters let them rest in this heat, less oxygen for them

#12 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

Thanks. but the thing is u really cant avoid the atlantics in this creek no matter which portions u go. it is very very very heavily stocked covering more than 20kms long. I tried to use a big hook to avoid them from biting and plastics worms, they tend to chase that as well.i mean literally they are like creek chubs everywhere. i will take u there some time.let me know.

haha looks like the skeeters would carry me away in that area lol i know my local creeks are just insane for bugs right now

#13 cptpronin

cptpronin

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

That's a nice sized brookie.  Booyah!

#14 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

Try using flies instead of those real worms harder to catch em' then :cool: nice fish. Looks like you're dialled in when it comes to scouting the spots, most trouters let them rest in this heat, less oxygen for them

Thanks for the advise. I will need some help with flies setup. I will pm u for those advise.

#15 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

That's a nice sized brookie.  Booyah!

Thats my biggest brooky i ever caught. THanks

#16 OCDComputing

OCDComputing

Perch

• Active Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

Beautiful fish!

#17 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Beautiful fish!

Thank You.

#18 Brian

Brian

Perch

• Active Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Nice catches NhIT...

They are two of my favourite species....beauties...

#19 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:03 PM

Beautiful fish, that brookie is a trophy for southern Ontario.

(You're off on your lengths, but let's not start that discussion all over again :) )

#20 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Beautiful fish, that brookie is a trophy for southern Ontario.

(You're off on your lengths, but let's not start that discussion all over again :) )

I know. I was guessing :cool:  :cool:  :cool: