4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshkerzner

Joshkerzner

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:34 PM

Hey everyone. 

Its about that time of year again where i get exited about catching pike and bass.

Last year my luck wasn't so great at the islands. I saw tons of carp and bass. I also saw bowfin, long nose gar, bullhead, and very large pike. Unfortunately the few times i went last year, i caught nothing. I had a couple snapped lines but never brought anything in.

If anybody has any advice or knows any hotspots they are willing to share it would be much appreciated. I also have some knowledge of the islands I'm willing to share if anyone wants it. 

Im also wondering about that trout pond on the island. I've heard that they are fish in there, yet I'm not 100% sure. If anyone has any info about that as well, that would be helpful

Good fishing to all 

-Kerzner

#2 floss_boss

floss_boss

Sunfish

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

white bridge, HJ14 in Glass Perch or Tennessee shad, slow retrieve with twitches. 

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

I was hoping to hit the Islands for ice out pike but due to the ice still being there, I doubt it'll be open by this weekend.  I'll be exploring it after pike opener.

As for thinking about bass, it's only March!  The long wait for bass opener will make me go crazy.

#4 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

It's going to line up Pump...Pike for now until March 31, then trout until trout opener...back to pike opener....until bass opens....It will all work out bud.

#5 floss_boss

floss_boss

Sunfish

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:52 PM

Crappies in Bradford, once the ice melts.