Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

That would add to the exitment

#3 fenwickfisher

fenwickfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:56 PM

Cool video I witnessed this same kind of behaviour the other day while out on an east trib. I had caught a small rainbow about 6 inches and saw another about probably 8 or 9inches try to attack the smaller one was pretty neat to see....had quite the feeding frenzy on a midge hatch today as well( at least I think it was midges) still new to the fly but was having lots of success on a size 22 griffiths gnat I tied myself lol

#4 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Figure 8!  Figure 8! 

Browns are such thugs - witnessed a biggun punk some chinooks hovering over their redds out east.  Mean sons of fishes

#5 JrFloatnFly

JrFloatnFly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Sweet! Ive hooked into chub that skittered from the shallows into a deep pool, where then a large brown inhaled it.

#6 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

having watched an 8inch brown bully a 20 lb carp around a pool one day i have to agree that browns are jerks lol

#7 GuitarBuildingAngler

GuitarBuildingAngler

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

One of my personal best brown trout was caught in a pool with many little 5"-8" browns. I only found out about this massive brown by watching it go for little browns eating dry flies. I then dedicated 4 months to catching the monster. Luckily, I was successful. I never knew there was such a big fish in this area but she gave herself away by being so aggressive against the other little browns. 

#8 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

That was badass!