4 replies to this topic

#1 PantherMartin15

PantherMartin15

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:57 PM

Hey,

So me and a buddy have fished Rice lake for bass for about 3 years now, caught the most fish I ever have but always in the 1-2 lb range. With a few 3-4lbers sprinkled in. We were thinking of trying a new lake, but everytime we do think about it then we also factor in finding a place to rent a boat and then searching for spots. That alone would / could eat up your entire day. So we always go back to Rice cause we have a better knowleldge of that particular area. So its easier. 

However we want to try and bag some really big fish this year, just wondering what others opinions of the bass fishing at Quinte or Buckhorn/Pigeon? 

#2 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

If you want size it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. But bay of quinte has great largemouth fishing. I would even look at Georgian bay or lake simcoe.

#3 creek chub in your pocket

creek chub in your pocket

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hey,

So me and a buddy have fished Rice lake for bass for about 3 years now, caught the most fish I ever have but always in the 1-2 lb range. With a few 3-4lbers sprinkled in. We were thinking of trying a new lake, but everytime we do think about it then we also factor in finding a place to rent a boat and then searching for spots. That alone would / could eat up your entire day. So we always go back to Rice cause we have a better knowleldge of that particular area. So its easier. 

However we want to try and bag some really big fish this year, just wondering what others opinions of the bass fishing at Quinte or Buckhorn/Pigeon? 

there are big bass in Rice, i've pulled a few out,.,,got 73 last year in 3 days, mixed in with a handful of walleye, a smallie and a bunch of crappie.

lots of ways to fish, but rice i found i nailed some big dogs when i was drift fishing.

pigeon has some nice smallies..

#4 PantherMartin15

PantherMartin15

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

Not saying Rice lake doesnt have big fish, probably just frustrated cause of the opening of the season, just super busy out there. I'm talking 2-4 boats in all my regular spots basically all the time. I feel like with that that pressure and activity they just arn't where they should be or just dont bite.

But yea I do like constantly catching those 1-2lber's, its fun but I'd really like to hook into some biguns this summer. Just cant seem to find the big ones on Rice!

#5 Paulie

Paulie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:46 AM

Buddy of mine caught quite a few 4+lbs and one big 6.5+lbs on Rice last year. So there's definitely some big ones in there. He fishes the north east end out of Holiday Pines Park.