• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thought it might be cool to share flies and techniques. List your favourite fly, per species if you want, and how you like to fish it / present it. This would really help any new guys like me. Here's mine:

Woolly Bugger size 6: I like to find a good tailout preferably where the water channels and narrows a bit, and make a quartering cast across stream with an upstream mend. I'll try to keep no belly in the line and follow the line with the rod tip. At the end of the swing, when the line is basically straight downstream from me, I'll let it sit for a second or two, maybe jerk the rod a few times, and then start stripping in until I've got the right amount of line out to cast again. Will usually take one or two steps downstream between casts. Found its a good way to cover water between key spots that you don't want to just completely walk past and ignore. Pretty basic technique that I'm sure everyone uses. I've been fishing this fly this way for browns lately.

Hope some of the seasoned vets will chime in.

#2 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

Accidentally posted this thread twice. Please just use this one. Hopefully a mod will delete the other.