• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

If the spool had more mass around its circumference, spooling with lighter line would technically help with a faster start up but as you mentioned above, the differences would be negligible.

Now dont quote me on this, but my thinking is that a fixed axis, which is obviously the line through the center of mass. Your rotation is perpendicular to the pull (I guess, verticle with horizontal movement?). Im thinking is the centripetal force is affected by gravity, thinking of a see-saw. the further away the weight is from the fulcrum/axis the more generative "force" it has or the less the moment of inertia is? I dont know man in my head it made sense ahah

#22 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:07 AM

My physucks sucks.  From what I remember,  if the mass is unevenly distributed towards the circumference vs. the rotational axis it requires MORE initial start up than that of an evenly distributed mass disk.  The unevenly distributed mass disk however has more inertia compared to that disk that has its mass evenly distributed ( flywheel effect ). I hate this confusing poop - I could be totally be wrong here dude - my memory is worse than that of braid.

#23 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

Main, split shots, bead/fly/roe & hook is physics enough for me.If I feel a tug then,I will impose necessary force and finesse to fight it...

#24 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

Float down = pull up!

#25 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

Float down = pull up!

I like the simplified version. Doesn't make my head hurt.

#26 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Float down = pull up!

But if only it was that easy ;)

#27 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:35 AM

Tell me about it - I haven't caught a single steel this season...then again I've only been out a couple times... ganking mushrooms keeping me busy