• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

The boys gifts are done. The young lad got a Pflueger Presidnt reel and a Rapala Concept ice fishing reel. Older son has Santa bringing a Steamside Tranquillity in light action fast power to go with the pin his mom bought him. Going to be a fun time.

#2 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Great gifts , they will be happy.

#3 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

Question is: WHATS FOR DADDY?!

#4 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

Daddy's gift comes after. Thinking a raven im8 13' and a rapala concept centre pin.

#5 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:23 PM

Daddy's gift comes after. Thinking a raven im8 13' and a rapala concept centre pin.

Both good choices, but you might be selling yourself short if you dont at least consider the matching concept rod!  They were made for eachother smiley-love064.gif

And I would wait for a 20% off sale which will inevitably come at the end of december. :D 

#6 TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

FishHeads has that rod on sale right now for $244.99 and if you buy it this weekend you can use the BlackFriday coupon code and get another 20% off. The reel would also get 20% off plus you would get free shipping.

I just placed an order with them, I didn't spend that much though.

#7 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:10 AM

I've been a brick and mortar man my whole life. My grandparents made their living out of a general store near Bancroft and I find it hard to buy on-line. I have nothing against on-line and I realize one of the sponsors on here is an on-line operator and seems like a great guy but it's just I prefer to buy local, yes I might pay a little more but sometimes less. Right now I could get that rod and reel for less from a store instead of on-line. Plus it gives my sons and I an outing. I've came close to hitting the buy button I just can't do it

#8 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

FishHeads has that rod on sale right now for $244.99 and if you buy it this weekend you can use the BlackFriday coupon code and get another 20% off. The reel would also get 20% off plus you would get free shipping.

I just placed an order with them, I didn't spend that much though.

OMG WHAT A DEAL!!! As a woman who loves to shop, this stuff really excites me.

#9 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:42 PM

I've been a brick and mortar man my whole life. My grandparents made their living out of a general store near Bancroft and I find it hard to buy on-line. I have nothing against on-line and I realize one of the sponsors on here is an on-line operator and seems like a great guy but it's just I prefer to buy local, yes I might pay a little more but sometimes less. Right now I could get that rod and reel for less from a store instead of on-line. Plus it gives my sons and I an outing. I've came close to hitting the buy button I just can't do it

Totally understand man. Do what feels right and comfortable. What ever you choose, you will definitely enjoy chasing the steelhead on it! New gear is awesome haha.

Sounds like your boys will be happy for Christmas. Hopefully they don't build OFF accounts before hand and read the post LOL

#10 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Actually neither of them are on computer a lot other than a few games. To active with sports and girls...lol

#11 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:30 PM

That's out of the norm.
Good for you keeping them more interested in the out doors..
I'm a single dad also.
But unlike you lost the battle with Internet. Lol

#12 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

When they are with me they don't even have access to a computer, I don't have one out home just the iphone.

#13 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

Ha ha.
I'm one of the rare.
And have custody of my 3.
Internet a must for school now a days.
No choice on that issue. Lol
Just one left at home to hopefully guide.
Eldest speech pathologist with school board. Next eldest flight booked for Australia in Feb. Audiologist masters.
Last one still home taking film editing broadcasting. He was to do internship with jays if they had of continued in playoffs. He's disappointed to have missed out. But always next year.
Something I say every leaf season. Ha

#14 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

He's learning rejection early, that's OK lol.

#15 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

Ha ha. Yup

#16 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

Thank God for the internet in my house .......I get my Sony 60 inch all to my self hahahahahah.

#17 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

Always a bright side.

#18 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'd rather have to feel the rod and reel I'm going to buy. Al Flaherty's have great lines of steelhead materials. But sometimes going to the store, I walk out buying extra stuff that I barely use in the water.

#19 flandogg

flandogg

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

OMG WHAT A DEAL!!! As a woman who loves to shop, this stuff really excites me.

How many pairs of shoes will you have to give up for that? :P