Photo

How many of you watch fishing videos on youtube daily and subscribe to channels?

youtube internet episodes catches bass angling river monsters show

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ontario Fish Quest

Ontario Fish Quest

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

Hi yes My username is new but I am not a new member to the site. I simply forgot the password to my old one. I am almost out of High-school and have a part time job. I am thinking a bout creating a you tube channel about me going out and catching every single species of sport fish in Ontario. Every episode will be a different type of fish species and not to every past ten minutes long each. In my journey I will go over the basic and habits of every fish that I have learned about. and catch the fish at the end. I knew everything about making videos and have the equipment so that is not a problem. WOULD THIS REALISTICLLY BE AN INVITNG YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHICH YOU THINK YOU AND OTHERS WOULD LOVE AND SUBCRIBE TO? IN OTHER WORDS DO YOU THINK THAT THIS PRODUCT WILL SELL ITSELF? I have had you-tube channels before and i know what you tube is like, i don't expect a  million views and subscribers, but SHOULD I EXPECT A DECENT SIZED (HUNDREDS OR A FEW THOUSAND OF VIEWS) WATCHING THESE VIDEOS? I would also put updates of my catches on Instagram.  Please do not give me the whole you need to go to collge lecture as i have my own parents to do that. please post your opinion, thank you.

#2 Newfoundbound

Newfoundbound

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:19 PM

If it's something you want to do, go for it. Yolo. Anything is possible and it could all be gone without warning. Don't live with regrets.

I find myself watching more and more fishing on YouTube. Especially during the winter months when it's not as easy to get out.
Enjoy your life, it's the only one you get and it may expire at any minute.
I keep finding new shows and channels. And look forward to finding many more.

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

fisherman kid... is that you?

#4 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

fisherman kid... is that you?

Yup thinking exact same thing. And I never subscribe.Get enough updates as it is.

#5 AL RICHARDS

AL RICHARDS

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

I watch several you tube videos a week so if you want to produce your own videos go for it, but be sure and understand that your competition is extremely tough and they have tremendous resources also keep in mind that unless you have a sponsor with deep pockets there is no possible way to receive any kind of financial return on your investment.

AL

#6 Ontario Fish Quest

Ontario Fish Quest

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:26 AM

Ok thanks everyone for your opinion, yes that is what I feel like doing. and no this is not fisherman kid this is jetsa247fisherman I think that's what I called myself. Anyone else who can give their opinion?

#7 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hi yes My username is new but I am not a new member to the site. I simply forgot the password to my old one. I am almost out of High-school and have a part time job. I am thinking a bout creating a you tube channel about me going out and catching every single species of sport fish in Ontario. Every episode will be a different type of fish species and not to every past ten minutes long each. In my journey I will go over the basic and habits of every fish that I have learned about. and catch the fish at the end. I knew everything about making videos and have the equipment so that is not a problem. WOULD THIS REALISTICLLY BE AN INVITNG YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHICH YOU THINK YOU AND OTHERS WOULD LOVE AND SUBCRIBE TO? IN OTHER WORDS DO YOU THINK THAT THIS PRODUCT WILL SELL ITSELF? I have had you-tube channels before and i know what you tube is like, i don't expect a  million views and subscribers, but SHOULD I EXPECT A DECENT SIZED (HUNDREDS OR A FEW THOUSAND OF VIEWS) WATCHING THESE VIDEOS? I would also put updates of my catches on Instagram.  Please do not give me the whole you need to go to collge lecture as i have my own parents to do that. please post your opinion, thank you.

Just make a bunch of videos of you catching fish. forget about teaching the basic stuff....there's tons of videos about that already. Forget about knots & threads too. Just don't make videos like "Top 5 reasons a Canadian angler SUCKS!". Make a bunch of videos, you better be good at editing your videos and make your titles catchy....i hope this doesn't fall under what you'd call "college lecture".

#8 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

Hey buddy, I think it's a great idea to ask about the demand for something you're thinking about getting into. Keep in mind as others have said, there are countless fishing instructional videos. Try to find something that sets you apart if you want to be successful, and don't expect to make money. Perhaps you can target a certain type of fishing viewer and really cater to that group's tastes. You have to start somewhere. Good for you pursuing something you're interested in - you'll learn a lot from it.

#9 myspacedave

myspacedave

Sunfish

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

Subscribe almost never, watch almost everyday I'm not on the water

If you do something you love for a living, you'll never work a day in your life. Chase the dream, kid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: youtube, internet, episodes, catches, bass, angling, river monsters, show