• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wowowee

wowowee

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

hello.. new to fishing, i got myself a conservation license (plan to cath n release) my son is 17yrs still under age for license, my limit possesion is 2 fish, in some area 1, my question is what is my son possesion limit? would he be same as me becuse he's with me or full allowed possesion (6 fish) limit?

thanks..

#2 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:29 AM

Under 18 has full sport limit as long as he is with a licensed angler and has id

#3 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:42 AM

Think about where you are fishing before you decide whether to keep your limit. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

Are you fishing up north in a relatively low "fishing pressure" lake or one that is stocked annually? Go ahead and keep your limit, I know I do.

Are you fishing within an hour of the GTA? Think about the future of fishing for your son and his son/daughter and so on. Maybe keep the smaller ones if you insist and let the spawn size ones go.

This goes for all species, research what spawning size is for the species you are after and just keep that in mind. Respect the fisheries and we can all enjoy them for years to come.

#4 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

hello.. new to fishing, i got myself a conservation license (plan to cath n release) my son is 17yrs still under age for license, my limit possesion is 2 fish, in some area 1, my question is what is my son possesion limit? would he be same as me becuse he's with me or full allowed possesion (6 fish) limit?

thanks..

different species of fish haven't different possession limits.  check the regulations for these numbers.  ie panfish possession limit is much much higher than trout limit, and different again from walleye limit

#5 creek chub in your pocket

creek chub in your pocket

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:36 PM

advice: don't be that guy, or family who keeps every single living thing they catch out of the water.

:evil:

best of luck!

#6 mbrown

mbrown

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

Under 18 has full sport limit as long as he is with a licensed angler and has id

.FYI If you are under 18 you need ID but do not have to fish with a licensed angler.

#7 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

.FYI If you are under 18 you need ID but do not have to fish with a licensed angler.

You're right.

#8 410001661

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:47 AM

x2