• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Johnnybear

Johnnybear

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

On the hunt for small lakes outside of the Urban GTA where you can't hear traffic, all you see is green and blue, and you have readily accessible shore fishing. Lake Wilcox was good, but the publicly accessible areas are busy and shallow. Cooks bay had one area I found with good fishing (Adeline Park), but was also busy and surrounded by private residences. The rest of Lake Simcoe seems to be mostly private property. Mary lake in King city has no fishing signs posted on the only easily accessible side of the lake, on the Mary Lake Augustinian Monestary property. The Oak Ridges section of the Bruce Trail passes around the North and west sides of the lake, but it's not easily accessible. Next to Mary Lake is Seneca College King City Campus. This is a bigger lake then Mary, and looks promising, but it's surrounded by the campus (private property) so it's not clear if fishing is permitted.

#2 fisherman2280

fisherman2280

Sunfish

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

So you want someone to tell you there special isolated good fishing spot after one post?

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Welcome to OFF!

#4 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:20 AM

There are a few pockets around GTA that you can hardly hear traffic noise. Milne Park in Markham. If you're into carp and catfish, then you're in the right spot. And then there is Toogood Pond in Unionville, there's some nice bass action if you know your way around but it's a bit busier with the joggers and walkers around. Lot's of Cougars and Silver Foxes btw....

#5 Litmitless

Litmitless

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 01:19 AM

There is definitely NO fishing on Seneca college. The place is looked over by MNR.if you get caught, you can risk fineand or lose fishing license.

#6 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

I usually go downtown for cougars,

#7 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

I usually go downtown for cougars,

They're vicious down there. The suburbs are a bit low key and subtle with their pounces...

#8 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

Hahahahahah, got to love them.

#9 boddah

boddah

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

Where does it say no fishing at Seneca?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 tt3

tt3

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Fishing at Seneca lake is prohibited because the land is owned by the college...I learned this the hard way when I had my license taken away for the season and was heart-broken..

I did not see any no-fishing signs anywhere btw...sucks

#11 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

A ministry guy came to the college and took your license away for fishing there?