15 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hey guys:

Natural Sports in Kitchener is having a hard time getting loose roe in apparently this year. Know of any shops with loose chinook roe in stock?

Thanks,

Will. 

#2 ChromeAddict

ChromeAddict

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Order online from Fishheads Canada. Best roe out there.

#3 steve7321

steve7321

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

My friend ties the eggs for national sports and he is still busy tying. They should have some very soon

#4 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 07:34 AM

Fishheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

center pin angling

#6 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Thanks guys. I did check fish heads, but I can only add salmon roe to my "Wishlist" right now....maybe they're just restocking? Center pin angling may be the way to go right now. 

#7 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

My friend ties the eggs for national sports and he is still busy tying. They should have some very soon

How much do they pay him to tie eggs? 

I wanna hire him to tie my bags.

#8 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Just to clarify - Natural Sports DID have tied bags in stock, and they're great. So I did buy a pack of chartreuse roe bags. I think they use BorX O' Fire to cure their eggs and do a great job. I just like the luxury of having a container of loose roe and being able to tie up a bunch of whatever colour is producing whenever I want.

#9 steve7321

steve7321

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

He will tie them for you just supply the eggs and stuff. I will ask him again how much.

#10 trouttamer

trouttamer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:46 PM

I tie a ton of eggs for a bait shop, theres no money in it, only reason I do is im paid cash for the eggs I tie and the flies I make. Chinook eggs have been hard to get this year, many shops are having difficulty finding king eggs including my shop. Have dealt with natural sports on bulk egg orders and I know they use a salt bath cure for their eggs and sell a quality egg.

I tie fast believe me but still only make about 12 buks an hour cash to tie. about the same with flies and jigs as I supply the materials

, btw got a few more bows in the lake today but skunked for kings, north wind picked up and had to get off water before prime time before dark. The odd fish is being caught off shore at port credit and we are marking fish late in the day as shallow as 40 feet

#11 RiverRuns

RiverRuns

Sunfish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:02 AM

I've bought eggs from Natural Sports and Fishheads...both have great product

#12 steve7321

steve7321

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

If you supply the eggs and everything else my friend who ties for national sports will tie for$2 per dozen. Let me know and I will give you his number.

#13 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:24 AM

How much do they pay him to tie eggs? 

I wanna hire him to tie my bags.

How much are you willing to pay, per hour or per sack? I can tie a pretty decent roe bag!

#14 thepassionateangler

thepassionateangler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

If I can get enough salmon roe for myself this season and I have some extra I can tie up some solid roe bags for you if you want to buy some. I usually tie between 800-2000 roe bags every year for a couple of my buddies and my brother and my old man and I still end up having some left over. So if you want just message me and I can see what I can do. I am not gonna tie them up for free but feel free the throw some numbers out and I can work around that.

#15 RiverRuns

RiverRuns

Sunfish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

Careful Chromes...I am pretty sure you need a license to sell roe.
Now if you were willing to tie some up for someone in exchange for a "donation", that might be ok.

#16 TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

If I can get enough salmon roe for myself this season and I have some extra I can tie up some solid roe bags for you if you want to buy some. I usually tie between 800-2000 roe bags every year for a couple of my buddies and my brother and my old man and I still end up having some left over. So if you want just message me and I can see what I can do. I am not gonna tie them up for free but feel free the throw some numbers out and I can work around that.

You definitely can't sell roe you harvest yourself from wild fish.

If you have enough for yourself, why not just let the fish go and maybe provide our future generation with some fishing opportunities.