• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:52 PM

Anybody have any news on huntsville/muskoka area lakes? Planning on a trip up to try some small splake or speck lakes but don't want to drive an hour and a half to find 2" of sketchy ice.

#2 jkw

jkw

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

wondering the same, I will report back if I get word this week

#3 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

I heard 7inches on lake Muskoka. Sleds and ATVs are out.

#4 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:00 PM

We had 4 inches of black ice and 3 inches of brackish above that on quite a few lakes in the Haliburton area.

Ended up starting the season off with a bang - 4 lakers 2 days

Also finn there is almost 6 inches of black ice on that lake I told you about, just an FYI :D

#5 jkw

jkw

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

Okay, sounds encouraging! My buddy is going to take a look later this week so I will pass along anything I hear. thanks for the info

#6 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

We had 4 inches of black ice and 3 inches of brackish above that on quite a few lakes in the Haliburton area.

Ended up starting the season off with a bang - 4 lakers 2 days

Also finn there is almost 6 inches of black ice on that lake I told you about, just an FYI :D

Ahhh awesome!
I'm gonna try and get up there or to a few lakes in huntsville area I've had my eye on this weekend. Just gotta figure out a car situation as I roached the clutch in my subaru. Lol

Did you have any luck there or where you just checking out conditions?

#7 LogJam

LogJam

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

big bay has 6-8"

#8 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

Ahhh awesome!
I'm gonna try and get up there or to a few lakes in huntsville area I've had my eye on this weekend. Just gotta figure out a car situation as I roached the clutch in my subaru. Lol

Did you have any luck there or where you just checking out conditions?

Neither, I have scouts in the area lol, my Dads whole side of the family lives up there. I was only up there for 3 days. Spent the first day trying for walleye but getting nothing but perch and the next 2 days on the home lake for lakers. Few nice ones for the freezer.

I think next trip will be that lake and I got a special place in mind for splake if we can find somewhere to park.

#9 jkw

jkw

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Huntsville area seems mixed for ice conditions. No one is out on the larger lakes that I could see, medium lakes had 6" black ice and 5 inches crappy white ice. fishing was good!