• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Danielfish

Danielfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Good evening folk. I am new to fishing. In fact I have never handled a fishing rod, apart from when I got one from the store.
Please, I want to know when and where to go fishing as a beginnner, I do not know very much about fishing season/regulations. I live around Mississauga and am willing to travel 1hour or so. I dont have a boat so I'll have to fish from shore. Please I need your advise before my wife beats the poop outta me as I have bragged too much to her about how good a potential fisherman I am.

#2 222 Diver

222 Diver

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:17 AM

Go to mnr regulations website it will tell you zones and what fish are in season and how many for your limit.

#3 Danielfish

Danielfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Thanks Diver

#4 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

If you're just starting out I'd suggest finding a local pond close by grab some worms and a bobber and go try and catch some panfish. Most ponds have at least sunfish or bluegill in them and they're easy as f to catch.

#5 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Baby steps...Fishing is enjoyable but not for everyone. The idea of fishing is boring is a myth. There is a notion from the outside that fishing is a lazy man's sport...yes there are fishing that includes a lot of waiting and sitting. But fishing is more than that. If you want to try it. start with the much affordable gear before investing in some of the high end stuff first. Or you can go to those pay to fish ponds just to get a feel of fighting a fish...and they provide you with the gear too. If you decide to buy your gear. Canadian Tire gives you a copy of the regulations when you get your license. bring some worms and split shots and go to your local pond where you can fish worms increase your chances of a bite.

#6 Danielfish

Danielfish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

Thanks Finnigan, Dilligaf and all. This helps.