Photo

Seeking Pike/ Walleye/ Smallmouth Camp In Ontario for week of August 26 to September 2, 2017

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mldsmedtech

mldsmedtech

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

My son and I are seeking a camp for the week of August 26 to September 2, 2017. That is the only week that we can both take off this year.

We would be able to spend up to $800 USD per person. For that price we would like a housekeeping arrangement so we can cook our own meals and have a boat and motor with the cabin. We would need a camp that provides boats and motors as we do not have a boat. We are fine with conservation fishing licenses.

We would be open to a drive-in, boat-in or train-in camp. I am doubtful that any fly-in camps would be priced this low for our budget.

We don't mind a rustic camp. We are not about luxury, we are about good fishing. We don't need to be near a town or have tv or anything like that. We would prefer however, that the camp have hot running water in the cabins if possible.

We will be coming into Ontario at Sault Saint Marie. We don't mind driving and/or taking a train a few hours if the fishing opportunities are good enough. I realize that this is not the best time of year.

The opportunity for Muskie would be an added bonus.

Could anyone make any suggestions?

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Try Echo Lake in Cochrane . One of my co workers does his annual boys week up there and he tells me the fishing is great .