2 replies to this topic

#1 BigT555

BigT555

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:57 AM

Howdy 

Before the spring season starts back up, I plan on washing up all my tackle to get any rust spots off, as well as using some sort of oil on them to keep rust to a minimum. I have already put an order in for some silica gel packs for the tackle box but I figure doing both can't hurt

I have some mineral oil that I use on my knives, I was thinking of doing a mixture of that with some garlic for a bit of an attractant effect as well. Any experience with mineral oil on hooks, and did if effect the bite? Any other recommendations for a solution to use on hooks?

With all the money we spend on tackle I'm surprised you dont see many products like this pre-made on the market, or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough 

Thanks in advance for your help

#2 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

Many saltwater anglers use WD-40 on their gear. Rinse the gear with freshwater after use, dry, and then a light spray of WD-40. It doesn't repel the fish away.

WD-40 is OK on external parts. but you don't want to use it inside the reel. I use Corrosion-X for bearings and Cal's grease for other moving parts.

It's a good habit to open up your tackle boxes after fishing to air out the moisture. It's not always possible to do...but if you have extra space in your home, it's great to do it.

Malama o ke kai
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear. I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.
Life List: 577 species and counting (2016: 91 new species)

#3 spinningreelbest

spinningreelbest

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

These spinning reels will guarantee a lot of things that you need from a reel, Best spinning reel. When you head out to the stores, you will find an endless variety of spinning reel and making a choice will be like gambling.