• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Troutangler325

Troutangler325

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hey guys, ive been fishing rainbow trout in our northern ontario stocked lakes but the one thing that bothers me the most is that rainbow trout seem impossible to catch during winter time... Any tips anyone
tks

Another thing does anyone uses ice helix 5 from humminbird i would like to buy one but not sure yet looking forward to buying one if anyone has good reviews let me know

Tks guys TroutAngler325

#2 IR4J

IR4J

Perch

• Active Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

I had the pleasure of using a helix through the ice last year on two occasions and loved it. I would consider it as fast as my traditional flasher, and the nice bright screen was great for fishing outside. The battery life was kind of lacking but you shouldnt have any issue fishing a full day on one...

#3 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

I have a Helix 5 sonar gps and I love it, I have a 12ah battery for it so I haven't run into any issues with the battery life. If there is a good deal on and it isnt too much more I would strongly suggest the Helix 7, a few buddies have it and it is much easier to see fish close to bottom with the bigger screen. With that said if it is quite a bit more for the 7 I would say it isn't worth it as the 5 is already a really nice and easy to use unit.