• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Was out on the west trib mouth spoon chucking tuesday evening (7pm-12am) 25 anglers not a bite, no fish observed jumping, quite a few boats just in visual range holding about 1km out.

Went out east yesterday evening spoon chucking (6pm-11pm) 15 anglers on pier, 1 or 2 got a bite but nothing more, As sun set saw some jumping about 50 feet out of casting range. No boats seen.

Up coming rain tonight should draw them in. Will try west trib again in the morning.

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

What does got a bite meen? Did they fight and lost them,did they land them?

#3 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Briefly fought and lost

#4 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Need to make sure those hooks are not dull.

#5 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

First year chuckin spoons at the piers, think i under sized the siwashes (1/0) on 3/4 cleos. Any recommendations? Been reading a lot of forums. Also anyway to increase casting moonshines? i get maybe half the distance of a cleo or does it even matter once the fish move in?

#6 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

First year chuckin spoons at the piers, think i under sized the siwashes (1/0) on 3/4 cleos. Any recommendations? Been reading a lot of forums. Also anyway to increase casting moonshines? i get maybe half the distance of a cleo or does it even matter once the fish move in?

moonshines by how they are made aren't really for long casts. stick to cleos. I use #3 siwash.

#7 jc53

jc53

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

Way too small go 4 size. Do not forget the j13 rapalas

#8 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

I chuck the j13's too, wow i was really under sized. Anyone get out this morning after the rain?

#9 TheKraken

TheKraken

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

I hit an East pier this morning around 4 expecting the rain to bring at least a few in close enough to hook up with. But nothing no bites no fish breaking the water from 4-8 this morning.

#10 SimpleFisherman

SimpleFisherman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

Looking to hit an east tribe today around 8pm gonna be chucking some spoons and maybe some rapalas

#11 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Water was down to single digits along much of Lake O's north shore after the strong W wind a couple of weeks ago. 

It's back up now. If the front today/tomorrow is strong enough to upwell the frigid water along the shoreline again, I think it would help your cause!

#12 SimpleFisherman

SimpleFisherman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

Update from an east tribe, salmon seem to be running strong in the rivers couple caught already, I'll keep in touch.

#13 SimpleFisherman

SimpleFisherman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:30 PM

Just coming back home from a day of fishing at an East tribe, I was gonna be spoon chucking but there was already a couple guys at the mouth of the river. I brought some spawn sacks with me incase this happened. Around 9-12 pm fish were jumping but no one managed to hook one. Just after 12 pm I hooked into a 22 pound Chinook salmon. Since he was fresh out of the lake he fought very hard. After a couples minutes I ended up netting the first salmon of the day. About 20 salmon were caught by 15 fisherman. The salmon are silver and strong so go get you some!

35dc1dx.png

#14 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Update from an east tribe, salmon seem to be running strong in the rivers couple caught already, I'll keep in touch.

Just which tribe are you talking about?
The gill nets plentiful and coming in full.

#15 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

and i got mnr on speed dial :P Nice fish SimpleFisherman!

#16 SimpleFisherman

SimpleFisherman

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

and i got mnr on speed dial :P Nice fish SimpleFisherman!

Haha thanks

#17 BNG

BNG

Sunfish

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Nice fish! 

So they are here already....

#18 OldMillGuy

OldMillGuy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Just want to apoligise for opening a thread like this, after reading many posts on here and realizing these are just reports for "loogans"

#19 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

Just want to apoligise for opening a thread like this, after reading many posts on here and realizing these are just reports for "loogans"

I think we all appreciate the info, especially having to put in some significant effort to get anywhere (closest Great Lake trib for me is almost an hour away). I know how you feel though. Just for reference, I believe the shoutbox at the bottom is closed to "lurkers". Doesn't mean regulars on here don't snag fish, but i assume a lot less of the regulars are interested in eating a bunch of rotting salmon than guys that just read the reports for info on where to go snag some salmon. 

#20 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Update report.
Working night shift last night.
When supervisor went on lunch I snuck under the fence and headed to the bay.
12 huge bites in an hour.