3 replies to this topic

#1 Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Good Afternoon,

Was just able to book a couple a weeks at the end of December off and while xmas stuff will be there, I am hoping to sneak away for a few nights, couple of days for some ice fishing. Obviously I will need to go north enough where this will be a possibility, but I am a newb on this. Does anyone here have any recommendations on where I can go and find a stay and play (lodging + fishing) package? I presume I am going to have to go as far north, if not farther as North Bay. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

SR

#2 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

You would have to quite a ways up north to make sure there would be enough ice at Christmas time. Most hut operators in the north Bay Area start to put out their huts in January but that's all weather dependent obviously....frig I plan to still be out in my boat at Christmas 😜

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Temagami or lake Nipissing is your best bet. A lot of smaller lakes freeze over earlier than the bigger ones but those are hidden gems .

#4 Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like, based on further research, that I will need to go farther north. Ice or not, the regs wont allow it until Jan 1. The search continues...