• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fishingnut1997

Fishingnut1997

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:02 AM

I might possibly be moving to Guelph in the next couple years and I was wondering about doing some fishing. I'm no newbie to fishing. And am not afraid to drive an hour or so from there.. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I'd love to fish anything.. any help would be appreciated.

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

Belwood and Grand river, Guelph lake ,Puslinch,  Mountsberg  , Maitland river and the list goes on. Four Season fishing for sure.

#3 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Definitely no shortage of fishing areas, as Fishfreek mentioned, there are several lakes/resevoirs and the grand river is a great river to begin with. Just a matter of how much you explore each body of water!

#4 Fishingnut1997

Fishingnut1997

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Thank you! I am a avid fishermen of anything big.. along the Atlantic coast in nova Scotia I have fished Atlantic salmon striped bass etc. So any place with good fighting fish would be awesome. From what I understand you can fish alot longer in ontario most places in ns it's only from April to October.

#5 Fishingnut1997

Fishingnut1997

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

Also I'm really looking to see about brown trout, steelhead, and any type of salmon. As well!

But mainly just interested in what all swims near by! Thanks for the rivers and tips :) anything's more then appreciated

#6 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Also I'm really looking to see about brown trout, steelhead, and any type of salmon. As well!

But mainly just interested in what all swims near by! Thanks for the rivers and tips :) anything's more then appreciated

upper grand has resi browns, and lower grand has steelhead

#7 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

Fishing Mouths of rivers you have the chance of catching any of the following;

Brown Trout, Salmon, Rainbow Trout and occasionally (but rarely) Atlantics and Pike.

It is a matter of timing, most people throw spoons or rapalas, other people bottom bounce baits. See and speak with some locals, what they are using, and use what you are most comfortable/set up for!

#8 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Welcome to OFF!