• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 regg561

regg561

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

It has been a few years since I have fall fished and was hoping for advice. Prefer river/creek for trout West of the GTA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Great time to be out on the river/creeks. The crowds are thinning out and the Salmon runs are about done. If you can tolerate the cooler conditions you will be rewarded . Make sure you read and understand the reg's . Plenty of spots to fish  west of the city.

#3 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

It is better east of the city. Just sayin'.

I know a lot of guys that will be mad I just said that.

#4 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

West, east, city, where ever. been good rain and weather....you will get them all over...i haven't been able to get out as much as usual iv gone out twice this October for steel. went 9 for 3 east tribe and then 7 for 4 west trib a week apart. So I'd say go where ever is closer don't need to travel right now at all.

#5 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

West, east, city, where ever. been good rain and weather....you will get them all over...i haven't been able to get out as much as usual iv gone out twice this October for steel. went 9 for 3 east tribe and then 7 for 4 west trib a week apart. So I'd say go where ever is closer don't need to travel right now at all.

9 for 3 and 7 for 4? thats impossible..... lol 

#6 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

How is that impossible? Lmao I went In a hole and landed 4 fish and lost 2 within and 2hours lolololol think what you want buddy couldn't careless what you or anyone thinks...i have nothing to prove to absoulty anyone on here...Those numbers are not in the city if that's what your thinking. And that's from daylight to sunrise.

#7 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:27 PM

Sorry meant to say daylight to sunset

#8 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

How is that impossible? Lmao I went In a hole and landed 4 fish and lost 2 within and 2hours lolololol think what you want buddy couldn't careless what you or anyone thinks...i have nothing to prove to absoulty anyone on here...Those numbers are not in the city if that's what your thinking. And that's from daylight to sunrise.

chill out. Its impossible because you said it wrong. It should be said 3 for 9. lol....whatever man

#9 Fishbully

Fishbully

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

In the mouth tho?

#10 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:57 AM

chill out. Its impossible because you said it wrong. It should be said 3 for 9. lol....whatever man

Unless he means 9 for 12?

#11 Bowie

Bowie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

nvm ... 

#12 corsara

corsara

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

What does all of this mean?  I assume 3 for 9 would be 3 fish for 9 hours of fishing, is that correct?

#13 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

I hooked 9 fish lost 3. Landed 6 Then hooked 7 fish lost 4 landed 3...mayb I did say it wrong....yes in the mouth the ones I lost not sure could have been mouth or foul????..but bows you don't foul as many and salmon.

#14 trouttamer

trouttamer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

if I went out and hooked 7 fish and landed 3 my ratio would be 3 for 7 easy as that

#15 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

In other words 43% fish landed in that day. 56% landed on your two day outing, not shabby at all.

#16 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

K so I went 6 for 9 and 4 for 7!!!!! Lol and thanks ff...yes it was 2 good days...this fall I'm sure for lots has been good plenty of rain!!!

#17 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Sounds like your doing something right! Lol

#18 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

Thanks . Iv been on the rivers and creeks for 20yrs....1st few years was a youngster snagging salmon like most started off doing not knowing any better....then learned the true way of catching these type of fish...

#19 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Its been a good fall run. Best for me but I've only been at it for 3 seasons.

#20 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

It just gets more and more confusing  :D