• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 ARMYFISH

ARMYFISH

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

tried pond 124 today... nothing, spent about an hour there with fake worms and spinners... sad cause it seems like a pretty deep & promsing pond

#22 eze76

eze76

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

i fished in this pond in mississauga, its full of bass.
its on mississauga rd north of derry road.

i know where this pond is but where would you suggest i park?

i wanna know where to park to XD

#23 TrippyJai

TrippyJai

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

i know where this pond is but where would you suggest i park?

i wanna know where to park to XD

Are you even allowing to fish there? For that matter, how do I know if I am able to fish in any of the ponds in Sauga because I do plan on trying a bunch. As well as places in markham when I visit my gf.

#24 diggyj

diggyj

Rice Lake Master

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

I would fish as many as you can until someone gives you a reason to leave. If you are on private property and they ask you to leave, then politely do so, otherwise, GO FOR IT!!!!!

Dirk

#25 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

Checked out pond 149 about a month ago. didn't bring my fishing gear as i was only on a lunch break and decided to take a walk through the park... nice place!
LOTS of people fishing.
What I saw caught were carp, sunfish, rockbass and lots of baby catfish.
I did see lots of litter on the shoreline including packaging for glow sticks meaning people have been fishing here at night most likely for crappie.

There are probably some bass lurking in there too, but this place probably gets hammered daily so little chance of getting into numbers or quality fish.

#26 eze76

eze76

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:00 AM

Checked out pond 149 about a month ago. didn't bring my fishing gear as i was only on a lunch break and decided to take a walk through the park... nice place!
LOTS of people fishing.
What I saw caught were carp, sunfish, rockbass and lots of baby catfish.
I did see lots of litter on the shoreline including packaging for glow sticks meaning people have been fishing here at night most likely for crappie.

There are probably some bass lurking in there too, but this place probably gets hammered daily so little chance of getting into numbers or quality fish.

Ye there are atleast 5 ppl fishing everytime ive hit it up , havent caught anything big yet , but i might be fishing on the wrong side :mrgreen: haha , or i should try lure fishing ?

#27 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

Pond 44 seems to be pretty close to my house, I ll give it a shot tommorow evening or maybe thursday. I am sure I will have somehting to report. As for parking I am assuming its a good walk from the car......

#28 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

Would someone be able to post new maps or perhaps revive those pictures? PLEASE!

#29 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

nothing???????

#30 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:36 PM

Chill out Jay, openfire made a post about being on some cottage.

#31 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

Chillout?
There are more polite ways to speak to people. I really dont think I was being pushin on the topic, I bumped the thread only after a week of waiting. I must have missed the post of skimmed to quickly and missed when openfire said this. Come to think of it I do remeber in the reporting section he did mention this. I was also opening this up to other members who could possibly help out here. Not looking for someone to shut me, nore am I being overly agressive.

#32 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

I meant chill out as in cool it with the bumping. PMs are a more effective way of reaching openfire.

#33 frozenfire

frozenfire

• Active Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

iJay, you didn't do anything wrong or weren't overly aggressive at all.

I know openfire has had his own issues to deal with, so we'll have to be patient. The moderators also haven't been active at all as of late. That's too bad.

That aside, iJay, just use google maps and scan through the mississauga area looking for potential fishable ponds. It's really not hard to pick one and go out and try. Once you gain access to reports section, you'll find where people have had success or not.
Going out and trying is the best part. You'll never know what you will come across. You might end up finding a treasure of a honey hole that'll bring you lots of fun landing bass after bass after bass... There are several ponds throughout the GTA that are like that :mrgreen:

#34 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:53 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience, the maps are back up. I just realized that my photobucket accounts had gone inactive, thanks to a PM from a member here. Frozenfire is correct, you can simply peruse googlemaps to find all of the bodies of water that are listed here and many, many more that aren't. Many contain fish, as seen in our reports sections.

#35 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

[quote name="frozenfire"].

I know openfire has had his own issues to deal with, so we'll have to be patient. The moderators also haven't been active at all as of late. That's too bad.

Yes, we all have been busy, but dont worry we are here more than you think :evil: ...I personally can be reached anytime with a PM..my work email gets alerts when sent. And I do drop in here every 2-3 days or so. Approving reports is still Openfires gig, and he does his best to get through them when he can.
You can also send Snypa PM..I believe he gets the alerts too!

Tight Lines everyone!

Disspatcher

#36 go5

go5

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Posted Image

Hello all. New to the mississauga are and looking for some fishing spots. Any update on this spot? Looked in google earth trying to figure out how I would access it.

Thanks for any tips!

#37 go5

go5

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Also, pond 138 is no longer there. Park on top of it now!

#38 a.cortellessa

a.cortellessa

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

I gotta try some of these this summer!

#39 go5

go5

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts