brampton2.jpg
brampton1.jpg

#2 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

I'm going to use either # 151, #152 or #156 as my first report. Since they are literally less than 10mins away from me by walk.
Hope I catch something, I will make a report regardless, with pics, fish or no fish! lol.

#3 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

I'm going to use either # 151, #152 or #156 as my first report. Since they are literally less than 10mins away from me by walk.
Hope I catch something, I will make a report regardless, with pics, fish or no fish! lol.

They may be still frozen, but if they are, they won't be for long.

I reccomend first trying worms and a float just to see if there's anything alive in the pond. If you get anything, even sunfish, you can then try other lures.

Remember that bass is out of season right now, so if you accidentally catch one, you must put it back immediately...uh well, right after a quick picture that is! :mrgreen:

Good luck!

#4 the_skdster

the_skdster

Sunfish

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

They may be still frozen, but if they are, they won't be for long.

I reccomend first trying worms and a float just to see if there's anything alive in the pond. If you get anything, even sunfish, you can then try other lures.

Remember that bass is out of season right now, so if you accidentally catch one, you must put it back immediately...uh well, right after a quick picture that is! :D

Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! :)
I'm think they are no longer frozen, not sure though. Even though I can see one of them from my bedroom window, I'm not 100% sure. :D
Will know today morning though. :D
Even if it is still frozen, a whacking stick goes a long way. :D

Will keep camera in mind, prolly be too giddy and forget to snap. :D

#5 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

I went to 195 15-16 years ago and remember catching some large rock bass.....not sure this helps....

#6 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

I went to 195 15-16 years ago and remember catching some large rock bass.....not sure this helps....

It helps us determine your age? :wink:

#7 Bigfisherman

Bigfisherman

Perch

• Active Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

It helps us determine your age? :wink:

Not really let say I started fishing at 6 years old so I could be 22 or up to 99 years old. :wink:

#8 urbanangler

urbanangler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

are there really bass or pike in these ponds? carp even? i always thought they could never have fish becus they were man made, so are there really fish in there other then panfish, even that to me is a shocker

#9 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Not sure what is in the water.

But!

The reason we posted some of the possible pond maps is for YOU! members to visit and make a report of.

#10 Jitterbug

Jitterbug

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

Ok I live in Brampton and here's what I know.
#201 is heart lake conervation, i've caught some large mouth bass there.it also gets stocked with rainbow.
#198 and 199 are on someones property. don't know if you can fish there.
#187 is proffessors lake.there is crappie,carp and supposedly bass and pike. i think its where to take kids to catch sunfish.
#157 is some kind of park or conservation but i can't remember the name. never been there

alot of the smaller ones, especially the ones smack dab in the middle of a sub-division or near large parking lots and factorys are storm run off dains,look at the colour of the water you can kind of tell which ones they are. also look for the ones that are surrounded by dirt and are in a newly developing sub-division---a good chance its a storm drain.

#208 is on brampton brick property
#211 is definatly a strom run off

the following numbers i can almost guarantee are storm run-offs as well 227,228,159,160,176,177,178,223,225,226,224,215,213,209,210

#11 YAWN

YAWN

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

In Brampton go to Heart lake the conservation area I think it's called, they stock it with Trout and I've caught a couple there.

Not the greatest place but if you live in Brampton check it out.

This was the lure that worked best there:

http://www.landbigfi... ... rSpots.jpg

Same type of lure, small size blue and orange and it worked well there.

#12 ARMYFISH

ARMYFISH

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

do you know when they stock heartlake with trout? Would i catch anything if i were to fish there right now?

I've been going to Professor lake a couple times the pass week... spinners and plastic worms don't work I have to use shrimp and i've been catching small - med rockbass and perch.. i think i saw a catfish or something similar about 5-8 pounds swimming around too couldn't catch it, is heart lake the same kinda setup?

#13 Cypher

Cypher

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

202 has lots of Largemouth Bass. I went there after I went to Heart Lake and caught 7 using 5" senko worms, largest one being 12". Its full of weeds, so texas rig those worms. Good Luck!

#14 iJay

iJay

Hero Drift

• Active Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:36 AM

Heartlake- I have been there a couple times this year, in order to catch the larger fish there you would have to rent a boat and fish from the side people cannot easily access.

I have caught sunfish (alot of smaller ones), CatFish (2-7lbs), Rock bass (1-3lbs) but never trout, I didnt even know they had trout in there. Fishing from anywher eon the shore where epopel can access expect to catch small worthless fish, unless you have kids who find that amusing don't waste ur time.

worms work the best and guarantee you a catch. Corn as well works. Worms can be purchased @ the park. The conservation area closes at dusk (8pm untill october). It is easliy accessable ( I have a lowered car and get in and out without issue) Parking is plentiful weekends get EXTREMELY busy and fish become scarse with alot of people being there. Evenings as the sun goes down produces fish at least five times as much. The lake is small and does get windy when on a boat which will push you right into the shore. Boats are PADDLES only, no motor boats are permitted and would be kinda pointless.
Fishing is $6/person and they do ask you for reciepts randomly while there. Needless to say make sure your fishing licence is ON YOU they check regularly.

#15 shimano25

shimano25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:13 PM

#157 is Claireville Conservation Area. It's nasty murkish water. Though, apparently, there are some largemouth and carp in there.

#16 Carley

Carley

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried #212 and if they had any luck in it?

Looks like a decently sized pond from the picture, I'm tempted to try it since it's a 5 minute walk away.
I'll keep you updated once I check it out for myself.

#17 punjabiyaar

punjabiyaar

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Do not go to #229 , its fenced and even if its a park, Sign board says, By entering the park you are bound to police searches. May be some shady deals going around there, Water is covered with green mess

#18 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

204 is turnberry golf club now and i don't even know if that water is still there or was filled in.

#19 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

202 has lots of Largemouth Bass. I went there after I went to Heart Lake and caught 7 using 5" senko worms, largest one being 12". Its full of weeds, so texas rig those worms. Good Luck!

202 is loafers lake. many years ago the city rented out paddleboats and you could use them to fish. but now the lake is not cared for and weeds totally took over. earlier in the season the weeds aren't so bad but by end of july they dominate the water.

yup there's LM in there though i've never known them to be of good size. even during the spawn the biggest i've seen close to shore was 1.25 to 1.50 lbs.

i've tried artificials maybe twice in my life there for like 45 minutes and got nothing. worms will get you tonnes of panfish.

a pike has also been pulled out of there and i've seen 2 carp there before.

#20 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

197 seems to be on the property of Heart Lake CA. I've always wanted to go there but it's not very accessible even from the CA itself. I don't believe any paths go by there. And even when I rode my bike up Heart Lake Rd I stopped in the general area and could see no path that would lead you to there through the thick forest. I keep thinking it could be some sort of oasis full of bass but we may never know because it's so hard to get to.