frozenfire's Content

There have been 8 items by frozenfire (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#330406 Lake Simcoe Lakers

Posted by frozenfire on 11 February 2016 - 03:57 PM in Ice Fishing

If you've never targeted lakers through the ice before, I would suggest doing some research prior to going.

Like others have said...on Simcoe, you'll do fine on Kempenfelt Bay. Anywhere in the bay can have potential for lakers as long as you're close to deeper water. I will personally fish anywhere from 40-120 feet of water.

If you want success, best to use electronics. I'm not saying it's impossible to catch a laker without one, but your chances will be increased dramatically.

It's going to be cold this weekend. A shelter with heat will be necessary if you want to enjoy your day and be comfortable.

#330046 Wanted: One Man Flip Hut **FOUND**

Posted by frozenfire on 27 January 2016 - 10:25 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Bass pro shops had a crazy sale last week. I didn't know about it until today when I dropped by. But they had 25-33% off all ice fishing equipment.

The recruit was $449 and was down to $350.

I got it off of amazon.ca for about $375.

#330041 Wanted: One Man Flip Hut **FOUND**

Posted by frozenfire on 27 January 2016 - 04:46 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

You're a walker generally i'm assuming? How have you found pulling it with gear loaded? 

Always a walker. When there is little to no snow cover, pulling is easy.

Once there is a significant layer of snow, I will use a custom smitty sled and put my gear on top. Makes it a lot easier.

My gear weighs a bit... buddy portable heater with propane, tackle, rod case, marcum lx9 (almost always with camera), seat, food, water, 8" finbore auger, scoop.

#330038 Wanted: One Man Flip Hut **FOUND**

Posted by frozenfire on 27 January 2016 - 02:25 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

NADO, I think you were out there close to me this past Saturday. You should've came over to check out my new Frabill Recruit one man.

I sold my old clam scout TC and picked up this recruit for a great price brand new. It's almost double the space I had in my old clam. It's about 60-65lbs...but I don't use the original Frabill seat and opted to just use a folding light weight chair to it weighs closer to 50lbs (without gear)

#327960 I'm gonna be (Shortnose Sturgeon fishing)

Posted by frozenfire on 04 November 2015 - 06:01 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I see what you mean. I'd stay focused on landing the fish and making sure all is well instead of fiddling with the camera too.

Absolutely awesome fish though. These ones you caught seem like they're much more easier to handle than the ones out west.

Fraser sturgeon fishing is on my bucketlist.

#327959 Flashers and graphs

Posted by frozenfire on 04 November 2015 - 05:54 PM in Ice Fishing

Good to know. I always thought the 6 looked awkward with the same base as the 7/9.

When ice fishing, it's best to pack as small and light as possible.

I used to carry an lx7 and a marcum underwater camera on some trips... was brutal.

Since then, I got an lx9 that has both camera and sonar in one. Bank account took a big hit, but wow... can't be on the hardwater without it!

Make sure you update the firmware :razz:

#327952 I'm gonna be (Shortnose Sturgeon fishing)

Posted by frozenfire on 04 November 2015 - 05:07 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Fantastic report!

Will we get to see some gopro footage?

#327950 Flashers and graphs

Posted by frozenfire on 04 November 2015 - 04:20 PM in Ice Fishing

Nice pick up!

What does the "s" mean at the end? Looks like it's new for this year.