MikeyMikey's Content

There have been 20 items by MikeyMikey (Search limited from 21-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#279790 So who here got booted out from Port Credit this morning?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 26 August 2013 - 10:49 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thats sad that the kid lost thier life. I think I might be going against the grain here. I am glad they close the park over night. Many resons for this however top of the list would be. Has anyone been down to PC in the daytime? The area has slowly turned into a crack town. Homeless people, dirty, not well maintained unless you are near snug harbour.

The other is all these fishermen at night, the fish have no chance of making it into the rivers. Large amounts of fishermen and women overnight in the parks. Even for a bit, I am sure the park can make a turn around.

Well... first of all park does have a close hours of 2300-0700h. Nobody has shut the park down. It is still open.

As for fish not being able to make up the river? I am sure there are much greater number of fish than fishermen and most will enter the river. Surely you don't think everybody takes fish home? Right?

Also should I assume that you do not fish the river? Because if any fish make it through the many fishermen you have mentioned deserved to be left alone in the river, right?

But yeah, other than those few who walk by multiple trash can to get to their car but can not be bothered to throw their garbage.... park is still a good place.

That is what I think.

#279769 So who here got booted out from Port Credit this morning?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 26 August 2013 - 07:48 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Would appreciate a report from this location of you are/were there this morning.... add to if there are patrols monitoring these location.

I am sure there always are as many do not know about the situation.

#279686 So who here got booted out from Port Credit this morning?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 25 August 2013 - 05:47 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

August 25th, anyone else at Port Credit pier and asked by police to leave the park or face a $400 fine?    Because park IS closed from 11pm to 7am, technically.

http://www.citynews....m-lake-ontario/

I assume this is the cause and will possibly see patrols around there during closed hours for next few days? or longer?  Other locations to be enforced?

Oh yeah... all those people walking by multiple trash cans but not bothering to take their garbage isn't helping either. (not sure how lazy you need to be do such things but I can imagine how nasty your home is).

So yeah anyways...

Tonight before the storm should be good.

Bye.

#278903 Early Salmon run

Posted by MikeyMikey on 21 August 2013 - 05:37 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

why are you replying to a post from 2010 ? lol

#277732 Longest lasting glow "stuff"

Posted by MikeyMikey on 14 August 2013 - 05:32 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Buy some plain spoons and give it a white coat first, than put on super glow powders than put on a clear coat.

I buy from luremaking.com

#277730 Braid with leader for pier salmon?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 14 August 2013 - 05:25 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

leader is not a must for me but I'll use it once in a while if I feel like.

When my arm get tired quick (need to work out), I just place the butt end of the rod to my belly which result in pulling the fish harder than I wanted to and 27lb leader I have used works fine.

For those using leader, which knots do you prefer?

#276360 are salmon within casting distance yet?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 04 August 2013 - 08:58 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Oh great, Openfire giving out false informations again.

It's TOO early!!*

hahaha, i am just kidding!

#276359 Port Credit: Salmon “pier” fishing tips for noobs

Posted by MikeyMikey on 04 August 2013 - 08:54 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Oh yeah, also, finally picked up some J-13's!!

Got the silver version and the orange version. These things better be as fool-proof and wicked-awesome as everyone brags :neutral:

Just don't cry if your line break with a brand new expensive lure.

Worse feeling~

#276057 Port Credit: Salmon “pier” fishing tips for noobs

Posted by MikeyMikey on 01 August 2013 - 08:59 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

DELETED!

#275719 Will a Salmon hit this?

Posted by MikeyMikey on 30 July 2013 - 02:03 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Many many many many! years ago,,, I've thrown my whopping 2.0MP digital camera but didn't catch anything.

(I actually had my camera behind me and it got caught on hook and that was the end of it) Lucky I haven't caught anything to take any pictures with.

#275491 Bronte Pier Chinook Fishing

Posted by MikeyMikey on 27 July 2013 - 07:03 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

And as MikeyMikey always remind everyone. Don't forget to walk with your net. :smile:

So the message has finally gone through.

#275490 Bronte Pier Chinook Fishing

Posted by MikeyMikey on 27 July 2013 - 07:02 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

bass net don't count.

atleast bring a net that the fish can fit in.

#275194 Bronte Pier Chinook Fishing

Posted by MikeyMikey on 24 July 2013 - 04:53 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

you should still get out there regularly and fish for them.

#242116 Port Credit: Salmon “pier” fishing tips for noobs

Posted by MikeyMikey on 30 September 2012 - 06:03 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I pretty much always bring my net. The problem is when you have a big one on the end of the line and you are all alone on the pier. I had that last night and it was a challenge to get the fish in the net.

Better than pier full of fishermens' without a single net, I say.

#241314 My first nook!!

Posted by MikeyMikey on 25 September 2012 - 11:08 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Now it is time for you to experience the salmon from river mouth,

open water salmon is something else~

#241216 Port Credit: Salmon “pier” fishing tips for noobs

Posted by MikeyMikey on 25 September 2012 - 04:50 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Why are you still not bringing your proper net !!!

I hope you break your line, your rod, slip on rock, wet your shoe, hook a fish with bunch of others like yourself and looking at each other saying... anyone care to bring a net for my convenience ?

(just kidding, but you know what i mean)

#239196 Humber Pier

Posted by MikeyMikey on 13 September 2012 - 03:24 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

For those who haven't been to Humber...

Rocks here are a lot less friendly compare to Port Credit.... making it require a net.

Becare out there & enjoy.

#239195 Port Credit: Salmon “pier” fishing tips for noobs

Posted by MikeyMikey on 13 September 2012 - 03:20 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

The Canadian Tire at CentrePoint Mall .... has them on Sale for: $2.49 for pack of 4

That is my local CT. ;) 20minute walk distance... 5 minute drive.

#236813 Leadership

Posted by MikeyMikey on 29 August 2012 - 09:43 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I use 30lb braid with my medium power rod and I do use leader on and off and i really didn't notice much difference for pier fishing.
I also set my drag tighter than normal people would (after initial run) and i like to place the butt of my rod to my belly... (i need to work on my arms i guess). So tighter drag + not using arm as much = much harder on the rod i guess.
With my other rod medium power I actually tried to break the rod back many years ago and I really can't image how one could break a rod... seems extremely hard. Let's just say I pulled hard enough to some what bent that stock hook from cleo.

Back to the original topic, I say just use the leader and call it a day. Can't be worse than not use it, right?.
I use a Seaguar 20lb or so leader, tying line to line.

Enjoy!

#236550 GTA's Next rain

Posted by MikeyMikey on 28 August 2012 - 05:39 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

was at the mouth of credit this morning... and absolutely nothing. very vry quiet.

water was clear too.

oh well