19darrin's Content

There have been 32 items by 19darrin (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#222787 Lake Wilcox

Posted by 19darrin on 13 January 2012 - 11:13 AM in Ice Fishing

just bring a spud with you and check the shore line if thats good punch a hole every couple of feet and make sure u have at least 4 and a half inches of good ice, good luck.

#222775 First Ice Slabs

Posted by 19darrin on 12 January 2012 - 06:29 PM in Ice Fishing

Hey GB Brother:

Nice mess of Crappies, but I gotta tell ya you are one sick dude man (IT LOOKS COLD OUT THERE). And how do you measure ice safety.............

No no don't tell me--keep walking until you fall through the ice right??????????
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well ussually people use chizelz ....

#222748 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 11 January 2012 - 10:19 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

but play it safe and stay closer in the bay cuz im not sure about the end of the bay, bring a spud

i think im heading out to hogg bay for some perch with my buddy on sunday

#222632 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 09 January 2012 - 01:00 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

good news there is 10 " apperently guys are running there sleds out to methodist but the hole length of the bay is appaerently ten inches , i imagin e its like sturgeon bay so u have plenty of ice for walking out and should be good for a sled or a quad!!

but play it safe and stay closer in the bay cuz im not sure about the end of the bay, bring a spud

#222631 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 09 January 2012 - 12:58 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

ya for sure ill try to get over there !!

good news there is 10 " apperently guys are running there sleds out to methodist but the hole length of the bay is appaerently ten inches , i imagin e its like sturgeon bay so u have plenty of ice for walking out and should be good for a sled or a quad!!

#222630 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 09 January 2012 - 12:52 PM in Ice Fishing

Sturgeon lake is in the Kawartha's and if part of the Trent Canal system. It is located bewteen Fenlon Falls to the West and Bobcaygen to the East. Fairly shallow with Walleye, Bass, Pike, Muskie and just about all species of Pan Fish.

now i know aha
thanks

#222629 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 09 January 2012 - 12:38 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

however ...i do have a favor to ask of you....remember that bay at VH i was talking to you about if you can get out that way this week to check ice conditions i would greatly appreciate it as you are much closer than i am.

ya for sure ill try to get over there !!

#222593 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 07:08 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

wow thanks alot!!!!! i will let you know tommorow or somthing if i have a ride i most likely will, do u have a cell number? or do u want mine?

im Darrin by the way.

#222592 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 07:04 PM in Ice Fishing

lol lots of people do that

but no i dont know where sturgeon lake is

#222587 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 05:00 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

i will just give it to you, i live in orilia maybe we can meet next weekend if i can get a new one by then.

wow thanks alot!!!!! i will let you know tommorow or somthing if i have a ride

#222586 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 04:57 PM in Ice Fishing

Whoa! I looked it up on google map and i mistook you for sturgeon bay for sturgeon lake. anyone going to sturgeon lake on Wednesday?

lol lots of people do that

#222579 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 02:31 PM in Ice Fishing

bassically sturgeon bay right now is mostly just pike

very shallow bay the deepest is maybe 8-10 feet

#222578 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 08 January 2012 - 02:31 PM in Ice Fishing

So Sturgeon Bay it is. Here I come Wednesday. Damned I went to work but keep on thinking ice fishing. Hope to to you there. I know further north the lakes are all frozen but here closer to home (Simcoe) the ice is way too thin..

bassically sturgeon bay right now is mostly just pike

#222556 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 07 January 2012 - 06:48 PM in Ice Fishing

Ice fishing eh?
Don't shoot me. I'm just a messenger. The weather forecast for the next 2 weeks is not looking good at all around Simcoe. I am looking to to head further north in the third week of January for lakers. Mother nature is not co-operating...

i have 6-8 inches of ice in sturgeon bay where i fish for pike with 5-6" of it being solid black ice the top layer is just compact ice

#222547 sturgeon bay, ontario

Posted by 19darrin on 07 January 2012 - 08:48 AM in Ice Fishing

hey guys i was going to check sturgeon bays ice levels and there was 5-6 inches sometimes 8 but all the way across there was nothing less than five.

#222546 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 07 January 2012 - 08:44 AM in Ice Fishing

I am a ice fishing biginer but i just get an fish finder from SANTA and i want to know if i can use the regular transducer for ice fishing.The fish finder is a humminbird piranhamax 160 portable.If somebody have any knolege i'll be verry happy . Thanks.

you should be fine with that transducer ,but good luck!!

#222523 ice conditions.

Posted by 19darrin on 06 January 2012 - 11:38 AM in Ice Fishing

Hey guys my granpa go out by midland point yesterday and there was 4-5 inches of ice out there so the next cold snap it should be perfect!!!!

#222505 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 05 January 2012 - 10:15 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

thats sounds good, for the motor? or cash, also where do you live?

ill see if my dad or someone can take me to meet you somewhere

#222504 chrysler 4hp outboard trade for working maual ice auger

Posted by 19darrin on 05 January 2012 - 10:12 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

i might get a new one next week if i do i can give you my old beater it looks rough but still cuts pretty quick.

thats sounds good, for the motor? or cash, also where do you live?

#222502 First Ice Slabs

Posted by 19darrin on 05 January 2012 - 09:45 PM in Ice Fishing

thanks for the great info looking to get out soon

what lbs test line do you use?

#222497 First Ice Slabs

Posted by 19darrin on 05 January 2012 - 09:17 PM in Ice Fishing

So....enough with steelheading I thought to myself the otherday even after getting reports of some boom dig fishing up this way, smashed them up good the last couple times in fridgid temps and wanted to check the ice conditions around muskoka and kawarthas. I walked onto three lakes and all were locked up in varying degrees of "safe" ice the thinest being 2 inches but very solid clear ice the thickest being 6 inches but slushy compact ice. hamered out some slab crappies on jigs and set lining in 30 FOW.

i am going to try the fly reel on my 32" medium action rod for crappie and see how i like it, how did you come across that idea?

#222477 Brook/Splake Trout Ice Techniques

Posted by 19darrin on 05 January 2012 - 12:17 PM in Ice Fishing

try maybe a smaller jig head with a gilp minnow or somthing like that and possibly a small colored spoon
that should work, but im not 100% just trying to help if ya try one of those let me know how it goes but a spoon should work.

#222441 Hey there from fly guy

Posted by 19darrin on 04 January 2012 - 08:03 PM in Welcome!

Hey guys im an avid i fisher and would love some tips about crappie fishing or pickeral fishing im only seventeen but ill try to share some of my knowledge and some of the things that other people have taught me, and looking forward to some new tips!!!!! Thanks Darrin.

#222440 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 04 January 2012 - 07:49 PM in Ice Fishing

Ive heard good things about glen healy

last time i was there a huge buck, a doe and a fawn walked past me not to far from me either lol

#222420 ice fishing

Posted by 19darrin on 04 January 2012 - 12:42 PM in Ice Fishing

thanks for the info i will hopefully be going to healey or mill lake this weekend thanks!!!