Will's Content

There have been 6 items by Will (Search limited from 19-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#345332 Fly fishing question

Posted by Will on 23 February 2021 - 03:03 PM in Fly Fishing

Welcome to the forum Grayson.

A 5wt is great for resident trout, smaller bass, panfish, etc. You wouldn't want to be fishing for pike, bigger bass, carp...definitely not migratory trout/salmon.

As for the older rod, I'll leave that to someone with more experience. Good luck!

#345284 Centerpin Newbie

Posted by Will on 03 December 2020 - 11:06 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Okuma raw2. Been using mine for 7 years. Runs great never cleaned or taken it apart.

I got mine used (not sure how long it was in use before) in 2015, and no issues so far.

#345207 Need help with identifying these fish

Posted by Will on 30 July 2020 - 03:32 PM in Welcome!

The first looks like a juvenile smallmouth bass to me. The second looks like an adult logperch.

#345180 Upper Credit

Posted by Will on 26 June 2020 - 11:23 AM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Nicely done! Beautiful colours on those specks.

#345079 what rivers to fish?

Posted by Will on 06 March 2020 - 12:08 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Hi Danial:

Welcome to Ontario!

I hope you get to enjoy some of the great fishing here. Sounds from your post that you'll be in the Hamilton area or the GTA. Whiteman's Creek is completely closed up until late April like a lot of trout streams. Trout season is closed all winter here, but there are some rivers with extended seasons. The Credit River below the 403 will be one of your few options. The Niagara River is a great option this time of year (Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout and Lake Trout). There are also some options east of Toronto. Brook trout for the most part won't be available this time of year since any streams you can find them in are completely closed to fishing. If you stop by any fishing shop you should be able to get some up-to-date info on fishing opportunities around here. Conditions change daily with rain and snow and temperature (melting/runoff) and even with wind (Niagara) at this time of year.

Good luck and post pics if you get a chance!

#345072 Advice on a Fishing Lodge

Posted by Will on 26 February 2020 - 11:36 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately this is probably not the best forum for helping you out in Northwestern Ontario. This forum is centered mainly around the Toronto area. We can only dream of the kind of fishing up in that area!

You may find more help on here:

https://oodmag.com/community/