Tastic123's Content

There have been 4 items by Tastic123 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#214333 Fishing at Milne

Posted by Tastic123 on 15 August 2011 - 11:25 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

oh nice man..i was at work all day today..or i woulda shown up as well. i went to togood pond last week end. didnt get much time to fish..as it got dark..and i was on a tight sched...so i js scoped it out. but i saw fish splashing around...i think they were carp or catfish. they have signs saying theres largemouth bass there...i wonder hows the bass population.

did u go to milne today?? how was it?

got skunked at milne again, lots of fishing jumping, just none biting haha. I think I need to try a different spot in the reservoir, or learn how to tie a hair rig and go after carp, cause theres definitely tons of carp around the princess street access point.

I'll definitely try Toogood again Freezer, thanks for the advice!

#214205 Fishing at Milne

Posted by Tastic123 on 12 August 2011 - 11:49 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

oh dude tht sounds fun...yeah i need to get out fishing!! i just got anew job so im in middle of getting my sched going. but il try milne again....hey maybe we can fish the same day..leme know ive always wanted to get an idea of whats there.

Yeah definitely, I'm heading there this evening probably, hopefully i'll have better luck than last time haha. Have you tried toogood pond? the ponds smaller but it seems to have a lot of fish in it too.

#214070 Fishing at Milne

Posted by Tastic123 on 09 August 2011 - 06:09 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Definitely will do next time, I think I'll give milne another shot too maybe try some corn and go after some carp or catfish.

Just got back from a week camping at the pinery and boy was it fun fishing the old ausable channel. We rented kayaks and fished up the river the water was so clear you could just drop your line it a fish you saw and bang get a hit. Mostly just lots of perch, sunfish and catfish but still plenty of fun, a friend even managed to catch a bass!

#213736 Fishing at Milne

Posted by Tastic123 on 22 July 2011 - 11:47 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

I've been perusing the forms for a couple days now but this is my first post!

Before today I hadn't gone fishing by myself before, but figured it was time I try doing it without someone holding my hand haha.

Got myself a moderately priced spinner rod and learned to tie some knots and went to Milne dam in Markham to try and catch something,
this site recommended to try the east side
http://www.fishingwi.../tag/milne-dam/
so I headed over and right in the spot the site recommended was a man in a lawn chair with 5 rods in the water haha. asked him if he caught anything and he said no so I walked a little ways down and cast out. About 2 hours in neither of us had caught anything, didn't even have a nibble, though i lost two hooks to some logs (I think my knots need some work too haha)

Then the dude lands a small sucker on one of his rods, He turns over and asks me if I want it? which I though was odd, can't imagine anyone wanting to eat a fish from this water, So I told him I was just there to fish for fun and he shrugs and just throws the fish down on the ground half in the water and goes about setting his line again. The poor things just flailing trying to get back in, I got so mad, and walked over and put it back in the water, the dude just chuckles and says "garbage fish". I realize it's no prize catch or anything but its still a fish someone else might have fun catching not to mention its a senseless waste of life.

So after that I just packed up and went to try out Toogood pond in Unionville, the place seemed a lot nicer, the water didn't have that awful smell Milne had, Unfortunately didn't have much luck here either, I tried a couple spots around the pond and finally made my way to the wooden platform right infront of the reeds and it seemed like i might have had some luck there as something did I eat my worm and I could clearly see some carp or catfish swimming right infront of me! but alas no luck had to call it quits once it started to pour.

I guess the other times I've been fishing someone's always been there to rig up my line and point me where to cast, and I guess the places have been teaming with fish so haven't really required any skill to catch haha, so I'm finding it a little challenging trying to catch the fish on my own. I've been using a size 6 hook with half a worm and two split shots on it, casting it out and slowly reeling it in over the course of 2 minuets. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm doing it right haha? Should I be using a float? or maybe different kind of bait? I'd be really cool to catch a catfish or a carp anyone mind shooting a few pointers my way on how to target them? Also if anyone whos fished Toogood pond before has any tips on the best places to fish from I'd really appreciate that too!

Sorry for the very long first post, I'm looking forward to learning a thing or two and trying again hah.