JCue's Content

There have been 16 items by JCue (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#238746 GTA Largemouths

Posted by JCue on 10 September 2012 - 08:01 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Great job! Wish I could catch fish like that in the GTA

#238743 Hello from Toronto

Posted by JCue on 10 September 2012 - 07:49 PM in Welcome!

Welcome to OFF, you will learn lots of useful things here Im sure and hopefully you can teach us some stuff too. Can't wait to see some more posts, and reports!

#238695 GREAT New Trolling Motor!!

Posted by JCue on 10 September 2012 - 10:49 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Hahaha brilliant!

#238642 Just Wanted To Say Hi

Posted by JCue on 09 September 2012 - 10:27 PM in Welcome!

Hey Matt also from Markham and I'm fishing any chance I can get let me know if you want to go out sometime

Cheers

#238428 Great first night of the weekend

Posted by JCue on 08 September 2012 - 11:01 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Nice pigs! I'd say that the first fish is in the high 4 lbs range really nice fish!

#238427 Most expensive lure you have lost?

Posted by JCue on 08 September 2012 - 10:58 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Mine was a live target bluegill and it was the second time I had taken it out of my box so I was kind of bitter :P

#238400 Rice Lake still HOT

Posted by JCue on 08 September 2012 - 12:11 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Great fish, and man are those big crappies. Love rice lake keep posting please!

#238147 Brand New(little help please)

Posted by JCue on 06 September 2012 - 05:15 PM in Fly Fishing

Hi all I've been fishing my whole life but I have never been fly fishing. I would like to go pick up a cheap combo from CT or Bass Pro and give it a shot to see if its something I enjoy. I live in markham can anyone give me some idea of where the closest spot to me would be, or better yet want to meet up and show me some tips and tricks?

Thank you,

Jonathan

#238139 Fenelon Falls, Bobcaygeon Area

Posted by JCue on 06 September 2012 - 04:38 PM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Thanks for the support! Now if only I could find fishing like that closer to toronto!

#237650 Fenelon Falls, Bobcaygeon Area

Posted by JCue on 03 September 2012 - 09:40 PM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Hey all just wanted to tell you about and experience I had 2 weeks ago in the Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon area. I decided to go out on a charter in stead of renting a boat because I was fishing alone and didn't know the lakes very well at all. I am so glad I did, I went out with Erik Luzak a local pro who showed me the ropes of the lake. It was a little expensive but more than worth it as he showed me some prime spots and great techniques that I will take with me for my own trips. I told him I was looking for bigger fish and we barely caught anything under 2 lbs, probably 12-15 fish in only 4 hrs on the lake. Just wanted to share this story and show you a few of the fish.

photo (2).JPG
2 largies (2.5l bs and 3 lbs) caught by skipping a senko under docks and trees.

photo (3).JPG
3 lbs smallie caught top water on a chug bug

#237644 Skunked at Scugog

Posted by JCue on 03 September 2012 - 09:24 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi Jonathan

What part of Scugog were you at. I'll pm you.

I usually start out Goreski's and head left out of their Marina. I am 99% of the time bass fishing either large or small mouth, I would love to find a honey hole that is reliable in catching some decent fish!

#237594 Skunked at Scugog

Posted by JCue on 03 September 2012 - 04:57 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi all I have been fishing my whole life and never have I been to a lake as frustrating at scugog, I usually can put myself on top of fish and more often than not have good days. I have read anything I can find on the lake, bought fishing maps but I have still yet to crack the code. I have fished there twice this year and had zero luck at all, so can anyone tell me the secret to this lake? Anyone want to go out with me and show me some spots and tricks?

Thanks,

Jonathan

#229514 Holland River (Bradford or Holland Landing)

Posted by JCue on 23 May 2012 - 10:07 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Follow up.

I went out again on the 21st of May and in one spot I managed to land Crappie, Bluegill, Pike, Large-mouth, Small-mouth, Bullhead Catfish and there were Carp all around me which I didn't attempt ... big ones.

North of Bridge St.

- 4" Spoon - Gold (shiny) (Pike)
- 2" Spoon - Orange w/ red spots (Bass)
- Soft bait (Gulp Alive - Silver minnows) (Crappie, Bluegill, Bass)

A few pix...

P.S. I know Bass is out of season, I was spooning for Pike. The Bass was out of water for less than 5 seconds & camera is a quick shot... being from the North I get excited when I see a horizontal stripe.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome now I got to get out there this weekend for some crappie and pike! Possible to pm me a good fishing spot?

Cheers

#229480 Mill Pond, Rumble Pond (Richmond Hill)

Posted by JCue on 23 May 2012 - 12:15 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

A guy stopped on a bike though and told me they caught a very small pike at the pond just up the path(rumble I think), gonna try there tomorrow

#229461 Mill Pond, Rumble Pond (Richmond Hill)

Posted by JCue on 22 May 2012 - 09:09 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Went there today casting a drop shot rig with small grub, and a jig didn't get any bites but lots of bubbles and saw a couple decent sized carp. Do you think fly fishing for carp would be fun, or stick with traditional bottom feeding?

#229428 Mill Pond, Rumble Pond (Richmond Hill)

Posted by JCue on 21 May 2012 - 07:34 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Hi I know these places have been somewhat discussed but not recently so just wanted to hear a consensus. Is there any decent fishing to be had in Mill or Rumble Ponds in Richmond Hill? Has anyone caught anything decent there last year or this year? Maybe even good sized carp?

Cheers,

JCue