frank25's Content

There have been 12 items by frank25 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#343695 Pike on ultra lite rod

Posted by frank25 on 08 June 2018 - 10:01 AM in General Fishing Discussion

if the color of my skin was a different shade would u of made that same statement?

#343692 Pike on ultra lite rod

Posted by frank25 on 07 June 2018 - 11:45 AM in General Fishing Discussion

https://vimeo.com/273907053

#342849 Buying A Boat - How Effective

Posted by frank25 on 16 December 2017 - 06:05 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I got ur message Josh, as for harvesting fish i only did it this summer while @ the cabin since it was walleye & i saw them feeding on fast moving minnows in boq & not musk rats & frogs like other species do. I did ice fishing a few times on rice but we didn't catch anything also i dont like fishing in that cold. My only passion now is overnight stay on boq & trolling for walleye if ur interested next spring we can do & outing.

#342844 Buying A Boat - How Effective

Posted by frank25 on 15 December 2017 - 12:36 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Buy the biggest possible engine that a boat could use, power is never enough when you fish, we want to be able to get from one spot to another to explore. I was able to maximize my boat usage and skied on it with my children. 

You also need:

1. To be mechanically inclined to fix minors issues on a used boat , otherwise you will get overcharge or gouge by unnecessary repair . Many mechanics cannot be  trusted these days. With today's DIY youtube world and available resources, easier to fix anything these days then ever.

2. Lots of good deals across the US border or up north in buying anything used. Easy to bring them over here, and pay your duty taxes. Always ask the right question before you even show up, and you should test the boat before you buy one. Slow and non fishing season are always the best time to buy a boat. It is a buyers market in terms of buying a boat.  

3. You need to consider storage , towing ability of your vehicle, and the needed maintenance.

4. Lots of accessories to acquire and add to a boat, electronics or down-rigging accessories can all add up to the cost of boating these days. Overnight hotel stay and food expenses are all added cost to a boat fishing trip. 

5. Depending on your street smartness and being adventurous, boat fishing is not necessary more efficient then shore fishing, from financial and time usage perspective. 

Well said Josh i myself had my share of con men sabotaging my outfit wish i had them on video every time they did so.

#342701 Anyone wants to fish the niagara river and Port Delhousie?

Posted by frank25 on 26 November 2017 - 02:01 PM in General Fishing Discussion

great info Josh abt buying items in the u.s. I use myus.com. I believe i paid $30 u.s to ship a 2.5 lb package then hst to fedex plus a $10 fee.

#342657 The Ultimate Photo Thread

Posted by frank25 on 21 November 2017 - 12:19 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

nice quality fish guys. it's just unfortunate these fish are in rivers & cannot enjoy fighting from a boat on one of those scenic lakes.

#342615 Anyone wants to fish the niagara river and Port Delhousie?

Posted by frank25 on 12 November 2017 - 10:19 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hey Josh if ur interested in trolling boq for eyes i would definitely take u up on the offer, i did it this summer & am not really excited abt pan fishing in small body of water anymore.

#342571 Weeds in Late October for Mountsberg, Orangeville, Puslinch?

Posted by frank25 on 05 November 2017 - 01:06 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That's a good observation with the weeds, me personally are not that technical abt weeds especially when targeting bass. I have caught bass in some of the most scariest weeds u would ever imagine so i believe they can survive in any type of eco system. i have came across really tick weeds brownish in bwedly just 6 inch below the water in early spring so i dont think those weeds ever dies.  If  u cannot find weeds troll the shoreline. 

#341649 Fishing buddy wanted?

Posted by frank25 on 04 September 2017 - 06:40 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hey Matt is ur boat capable of taking 3ft swells & speeds up to 50km? if so i'd been interested on fishing boq with u.

#341370 RICE LAKE FISH DECLINE ?

Posted by frank25 on 20 August 2017 - 03:20 PM in General Fishing Discussion

MNR should put a ban on rice as well, its a very scenic lake to fish but what's the point if it's fished out?

#340629 whatever happen to kawathasanglers fishing board?

Posted by frank25 on 18 June 2017 - 05:22 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I wondered the same Josh, i remember u told me u were more active on that forum because everyone on here were shore anglers & only knew abt gta fishing.

#340608 Fishing buddy wanted?

Posted by frank25 on 15 June 2017 - 12:15 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Josh it's been a while my friend I sent u a vid recently of my last outing anyways pls send me ur # i'll be heading out to the kawarthas this weekend & u dont have to worry abt other anglers directing you to thick weeds in bewdley or scugog cuz ivd spent the last 5 years mastering those lakes & knows where the honey holes are.