Dewy's Content

There have been 8 items by Dewy (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#324564 WHY DO I NEVER EVER CATCH ANY FISH!?!

Posted by Dewy on 04 June 2015 - 08:14 AM in General Fishing Discussion

One of the many things I have learned through fishing is about expectations. I try to keep expectations of catching fish to a minimum. I know it is hard, but it keeps me in check and allows me to concentrate on the surroundings. I, too go through times where it is a challenge to catch fish. I have been skunked steelheading quite a bit, but that had to do with timing. For me building confidence is important. Using worms and focusing on catching other "easier" species, if at all possible (check the regulations) helps with that. Like many have said cover lots of water and get to know one body of water or area of water really well and this will help you locate fish. 

#317087 It Makes Us All Look Bad

Posted by Dewy on 01 October 2014 - 04:04 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I upsets me as well. The worst is the amount of fishing line that gets tossed in bushes etc etc. killing of the birds, wildlife. It is unfortunate, and I have witnessed that it is absolutely brutal on the Lake O tribs. There is a little more to fishing than catching fish.

#316905 Surprise Fish

Posted by Dewy on 29 September 2014 - 06:08 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Nice Shmogley, I too caught a smallie on a pink bead up north. What a suprise!

#316903 Islander or Kingpin Imperial CP?

Posted by Dewy on 29 September 2014 - 06:07 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I own an Islander and have no complaints. Great reel, takes a lot of abuse and is made in Canada.  Not sure the price difference, but in my opinion you pay the extra for the KP for the name. Just my opinion. 

#315925 The Ultimate Photo Thread

Posted by Dewy on 17 September 2014 - 10:03 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Nice fish folks. Lake O sure can produce some wicked sized fish. 

#315924 How to float fish technical water?

Posted by Dewy on 17 September 2014 - 09:56 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Now would a barbless hook pop out by letting the line loose?

I think it is a risk you take. When all other measures have failed, I let some slack and hope that it will swim back. IMO log jams and loosing fish is all part of the experience. Makes those fish you land even that more rewarding. I have lost plenty this year!

#315503 Salmon for the table

Posted by Dewy on 10 September 2014 - 05:16 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I have tried smoking salmon that have started to turn. It doesn't taste too bad. I have also heard of canning salmon that are in the rivers. Now I just buy roe. Much less headaches and no need to waste time curing it. Both centering angling and fish heads sell great product

#315389 Salmon run 2014 pics!

Posted by Dewy on 09 September 2014 - 12:28 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

nice fish wizard. bet that one put up a good fight.