O.My.Buddy's Content

There have been 111 items by O.My.Buddy (Search limited from 21-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#267410 So I broke my float rod, first time using it

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 08 April 2013 - 12:19 AM in Float Fishing

contact Rockey's Tackle in Orillia, they're the Okuma warranty centre, they'll set you up. They set me up with 2 Aventa top sections last year and they're getting me a top for a Celilo shipped in, 4-6 weeks

#267259 Line 9 Reversal

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 05 April 2013 - 09:17 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Anybody know if there is an organized group of conservationists or fishers against the Line 9 pipeline reversal? That's going to be running a bitumen timebomb over every Lake O trib.

#264908 smallmouth bass, ice fishing

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 15 March 2013 - 05:15 PM in Ice Fishing

no, they swim around and expend energy and feed like every other fish...ya NADO, that was fun, went thru a crack on Simcoe yesterday - not so fun...When are you gonna send me that pic of that big un?

#264623 Snaggin Rod

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 12 March 2013 - 06:51 PM in Salmonid Insanity

whaddya know I actually got a post to work, first one out of half a dozen since the change over.

#264622 Snaggin Rod

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 12 March 2013 - 06:50 PM in Salmonid Insanity

I've found a pile of shotgun shells beside a pool during the salmon run back in the 90's.

#264036 Brook trout lake within an hour and a half of gta????

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM in Ice Fishing

a map+regs+MNR stocking list will yield more answers to your question than you'll get here. That's for sure. Brook trout were intentionally wiped out in most of southern Ontario in the early 1900's to be replaced with bass because they thought bass were a superior fish. These were the same times they were using sturgeon to fire the boilers on the lake boats. There's one thing that's consistent about humanity through the changing eras and that is stupidity.

#263957 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 03 March 2013 - 10:25 PM in Ice Fishing

I even use it for a with a live minnow on a set line for pike and walleye. I've got more pics of a 13 and 14 inch Perch I released Friday...they'd put me over my MB limit though.

#263694 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 28 February 2013 - 08:08 AM in Ice Fishing

ya, that lure's a champ, evrything bites it from Gobies to Lakers..

#263626 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 27 February 2013 - 10:04 AM in Ice Fishing

yeah buddy, thanks!

#263597 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 26 February 2013 - 09:33 PM in Ice Fishing

I always think the 13+ inch Perch must be something else when I'm fighting them. At first I thought maybe a 4 or 5 lb Bass because it was fighting like the one I caught last Friday. The I got it near the hole and saw a flash of gold colour before it took off for another run and I thought "Pickerel!!" then up comes a gigantor Perch. The fillets were as long as the diameter of the plate I put them on.

#263593 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 26 February 2013 - 09:16 PM in Ice Fishing

They sure put up a fight when they're that big!

#263590 Big Percherals

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 26 February 2013 - 09:10 PM in Ice Fishing

So I had to go out and get a pic of a big Perch live released so I don't get ragged on for the pic of the huge one I kept. That's as good an excuse as any to go fishin lol oh and to keep my holes open. The one on the ice is a foot long and the other...yup, that's a 15 inch Perch...big percherals 003.JPG big percherals 013.JPG

#263118 good cheap ice reels?

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 20 February 2013 - 04:06 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I like the Avocet's too, although they don't make em like they used too...I just use old beater regular reels, a reel is a reel and the minature icefishing reels can be too small for heavier line and 100+ FOW with big fish trying to go for huge runs

#263029 GTA look forward to spring.

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 19 February 2013 - 10:16 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

ya man, nice, can't wait to do some trout fishin again, ice fishin kinda sucks, gonna be better now tho cuz I got new boots today,,,after the slush froze of course, but it will be sloppy again soon enough! cmon spring!

#263027 sault ste marie muskys

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 19 February 2013 - 10:11 PM in General Fishing Discussion

yes, if you're on the Canadian side you're ok...a Michigan licence would open up more water for you and you then have no worries of straying or from the DHS guys with the zodiac with the .50cal mount. There's also musky lakes in the Wawa area 2 hours north of the Soo, Nipigon is a 6 hour plus drive from the Soo but it's a pretty awesome river, Spanish River at Espanola is well known Muksie territory for a stop on the way up or back south, it flows to the North Channel, I've heard they're in Blind River too...now you guys got me thinkin of thumbin my way to the soo!

#262972 Truck through ice Mitchell's bay

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 19 February 2013 - 02:19 PM in Ice Fishing

guys that are too lazy to walk half a click or have to have a case of beer to go fishing just shouldn't be fishing lmao at the guy with the spud...

#262961 Newbie & Lake Couchiching questions

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 19 February 2013 - 12:30 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I always suggest pot for shore fishing...

#262945 sault ste marie muskys

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 18 February 2013 - 11:28 PM in General Fishing Discussion

right in the St Mary's downtown...trollin off the hotel there, there's a marina too they're in spring and fall and occasionally they're caught off the fishing dock by guys downrigging or flatlining for salmon, ask around at western auto when you're up there, the St Mary's has every species there is in Ontario and I'm sure you're aware it is fishing Mecca

#262944 another mixed bag

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 18 February 2013 - 11:20 PM in Ice Fishing

nice lil snot rockets...ever try brining them? you can take the head off, guts out and put the fish in a bucket of salty water then the next morning jus pull the meat off the bones

#262900 Ice fishing is crappie...

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 18 February 2013 - 11:19 AM in Ice Fishing

Thanks guys...was gonna try a long distance ski for lakers today but too damned cold this morning...gonna try something closer here in a bit...

#262679 Ice fishing is crappie...

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 15 February 2013 - 09:13 PM in Ice Fishing

crappie ice fishing 015.JPG 2@14" and 1@13"

#262654 Home Team Advantage

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 15 February 2013 - 10:53 AM in Ice Fishing

ya I'll be over n a little bit here, gettin my coffee fix and got some shovelling to do

#262651 Home Team Advantage

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 15 February 2013 - 09:54 AM in Ice Fishing

what are you talking about GBD? I didn't fish 13 fow for anything this year except pike...you were all about perchmere first ice but all I ever seen come outta there is 4 inch fish

#262377 Smelt rigs

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 12 February 2013 - 10:06 PM in Ice Fishing

Smelt are very tasty little fish. I'm gonna rig a rod for tommorrow...if the lakers and whitey's aren't on maybe I can catch smelts. I haven't had a feed of smelt in years.

#262376 Home Team Advantage

Posted by O.My.Buddy on 12 February 2013 - 09:54 PM in Ice Fishing

Caught another 13 incher today. It was kill hooked. Fish gulped the lucky spoon. Treb wound up in the bone behind tongue between gills and into the artery I think. lots of blood. Had to cut the line and broke the hook off the treb trying to yank it out at home ...had to drill 3 holes to find the one that produced...just dinks at the other two. Kept 4, cooked em with 2 pickerel fillets from Kahshe the other day. Very delicious and belly is full. Bassr, I definitely think you're fishing too shallow...I'm fishin 25-27 feet of water out from a drop from 12 feet adjacent to a bay.