FishingNoob's Content

There have been 7 items by FishingNoob (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#330007 Torpedoing fish.

Posted by FishingNoob on 25 January 2016 - 10:11 AM in General Fishing Discussion

I did some googling to see if I could find a research based look at different release methods, but couldn't find anything. 

I have noticed however that in a lot of salt water fishing shows the host "torpedoes" the fish back, this may be due to the fish being unable to deal with  temperature difference as stated earlier or may be due to the fish being unable to deal with pressure changes...

If anyone comes up with something objective, I'd love to see it.

#329929 Hey Folks.

Posted by FishingNoob on 20 January 2016 - 10:21 AM in Welcome!

Welcome back noob. Better get some fishing in while you're in Ireland.

Agreed.

#329928 Hey Folks.

Posted by FishingNoob on 20 January 2016 - 10:21 AM in Welcome!

Welcome back, not so Noob.
I assume you are talking of Dublin Ireland. Not many folk are aware of Dublin, Ont. Thhinking it has a population of 100 maybe.
I hear they grow some big Pike in Ireland and have a type of Perch, different than ours that can reach 2 lbs.
You got some gear with you?
Good luck in your studies my friend, I hope all goes well.

Cheers, Alfie.

Thanks Alfie!

Yup Dublin Ireland. I haven't even heard of Dublin, Ontario. Yea there are some big pike and perch here. Just waiting for the weather to be nice. I brought some gear with me and cant wait.

Thanks!

#329900 Where to get a good quality Telescopic rod

Posted by FishingNoob on 19 January 2016 - 09:13 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Just to throw my 2 cents in.

I have a little bit of experience with telescopic rods that I take with my when traveling. The one that I chose to purchase is the Catana CX Telespin in medium action.

It's a fairly good rod and has been used to catch bass, walleye and panfish in freshwater and was really put through it's paces fishing on flats for small jacks, bluefish, seatrout and redfish. It is a medium action rod, though so you need to treat it like such, although it is built very solidly as it is a travel rods and these types of rods in general get more abuse from being taken on a plane or packed in a bag.

The action is fairly stiff which makes it great for bite detection or for using lures with it. But I am always careful to keep my weight within the recommended range.

#329880 Hey Folks.

Posted by FishingNoob on 18 January 2016 - 01:55 PM in Welcome!

Welcome back! I saw a lot of your posts on old threads.

Cheers.

#329879 Hey Folks.

Posted by FishingNoob on 18 January 2016 - 01:55 PM in Welcome!

Dublin!?!? 

When are you coming back?  Hopefully back during Family Fishing Week?

Yea I'm here for school. I'm back end of May, and wouldn't miss the Family Fishing Events for the world.

Congrats on nailing your first fish of 2016. :D

#329874 Hey Folks.

Posted by FishingNoob on 18 January 2016 - 10:23 AM in Welcome!

Hey Folks,

Hope all is well with you.

Not necessarily new to the forum, but I haven't been an active member in a while, life got busy and although I didn't really stop fishing, I just stopped spending so much time on the forum.

I am a multi species, multi-technique (spinning/baitcasting and fly) angler, always interested in catching new species and trying new techniques.

I tie my own flies and love tinkering with my reels.

I recently moved to Dublin and am starting to try my luck here as I'll settled in now.

Looking forward to helping where I can, although I am by no means an expect I'm no longer a "noob,"

Cheers,

FishingNoob