alexnola's Content

There have been 2 items by alexnola (Search limited from 29-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#228140 Howdy ya'll

Posted by alexnola on 22 April 2012 - 10:05 PM in Welcome!

Hey ya'll,
New to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an avid fisherman in South Louisiana; we live in New Orleans, just about 1 hour from some of the best fishing in the USA. We mostly target red-drum and speckled trout, and often from a kayak! Every summer my dad, brother and I take a trip up north for bass, pike, walleye, etc. One day my son, who is currently 1, will join us! We've fished Lake Champlain and Lake Chautauqua (south/east of Lake Erie). This year we'll be up in Ontario, fishing Lake Kennebec and staying in the Springwood Cottages. We'd love any advice on techniques, lures to use, etc. that are typically effective on the southern lakes.
I've included a picture of myself with a good sized Redfish.

Tight Lines,
Alex

Attached Images

• DSCF1167.JPG

#228139 Kennebec Lake?

Posted by alexnola on 22 April 2012 - 09:57 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hey ya'll,
I live in New Orleans and mostly fish for red-drum and speckled trout, but every year my Dad, brother and I make a trip up north for bass. This year we're trying Kennebec Lake, just north of Lake Ontario.
I really know nothing of the area, but would appreciate any tips or techniques that tend to be effective in the southern Ontario region. We'll be renting a boat and on the lake for a week, so plenty of chances to find some hot spots-- but if anyone can get us started with some advice, or share experience on the lake, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Alex in NOLA