Braedon's Content

There have been 28 items by Braedon (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#322860 GoPro Tips

Posted by Braedon on 12 April 2015 - 11:23 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Check on Amazon.ca for mounts and accessories. The third party ones are way cheaper

#322859 Rod Repair, New Action?

Posted by Braedon on 12 April 2015 - 11:20 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Recently my buddy at the end of our fishing trip decided to use his fishing rod in a spear fight with a ceiling fan. Short story shorter, the fan gave no quarter took 6 inches off the tip of his rod. I offered to fix the tip, so i went through all the motions to repair the tip top eye and used rod thread and epoxy to secure the eye back on. The rod is back together and I'm now curious application wise, what this rod would be usefull for. It originally was a 6'10 medium-heavy power, fast action spinning rod. Now from tip to stem it measure 6'4. Obviously the tip will become stiffer as the graphite blank is thicker at the tip and the top two eyes are very close together, half the normal distance. The rod tip is now extra fast  but it does not have a really stiff backbone. Its an interesting bend. Hard at first then gives a a little more after a point. So my real question before I return it to my buddy, what would you guys/girls use a 6'4 Medium Heavy- Extra Fast spinning rod for? Other than to pinch hit in a seal hunt. Original lure weight was up to 3/4 oz but i think this would be an over estimate with the new extra fast tip, as it would be slightly more brittle.   

#322128 Diy rod grip

Posted by Braedon on 20 March 2015 - 12:27 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Does Winn make fishing rod grips? Thought two anglers in the BASS circuit are sponsored by them. Winn is more know for golf club grips

Edit: yeah here http://www.winngripsfishing.com

#320259 Splake Lakes

Posted by Braedon on 22 December 2014 - 07:39 PM in Ice Fishing

Can anyone point me to a lake holding splake? I dont want honey holes or even specific sections of the lake. Just merely the name of the body of water. If you dont want to post, please pm me.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#320257 Boxing Day (and pre-boxing day) GoPro's for Sale

Posted by Braedon on 22 December 2014 - 07:37 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Heads up to guys thinking of purchasing the head strap for the go pro. I wore mine all day today on a western trib and got a nasty migraine from the weight of the camera on my forehead. Aside i get migraine easily but I was feeling fine before fishing and when i removed the camera it alleviated the pain. I think the small amount of weight was just enough to throw my head off balance. Something to think about if you are deciding between head strap or chesty mount. I'm sure not everyone will have same problem i did. 

cheers 

Braedon

#319642 Why Do Rivers Curve?

Posted by Braedon on 21 November 2014 - 02:14 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

and here i came getting ready to explain to someone what geography is lololol 

lol i was about to drop some knowledge from the Water course i took at Mcmaster. Sinuosity of meandering river beds 

#315333 dont fish near my dock

Posted by Braedon on 08 September 2014 - 02:06 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Also

http://www.e-laws.go...tes_97f41_e.htm

Ownership of bed of body of water

38.  The ownership of the bed of a river, lake or navigable body of water does not give the owner the exclusive right to fish in the water that flows over the bed unless that right is granted by the Crown. 1997, c. 41, s. 38.

#315331 dont fish near my dock

Posted by Braedon on 08 September 2014 - 01:47 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I didn't notice she missed the landing until about 5 repeats

Oh thanks for pointing that out, I missed that too. Hell I didnt even see the trampoline till I looked again

#315149 Fish smell on hands.

Posted by Braedon on 06 September 2014 - 12:23 AM in General Fishing Discussion

I sing the abc twice and use anti bacterial soap. It weird but you need a lot of friction for the soap to work. It's literally nothing fancy just not proper washing

#315097 Flossing...

Posted by Braedon on 05 September 2014 - 02:30 PM in Salmonid Insanity

My dentist told me to always floss. Dudes a doctor, and I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. ;)

#313284 Gearing up for Muskie just a new rod and need help

Posted by Braedon on 06 August 2014 - 02:17 PM in Welcome!

Canadian tire sells a large lucky strike net for about $70 dollars. Long yellow handle, and black rubber mesh. i have one and I landed a 40 inch musky the other day in it with no problems by myself

Here is the link for cabelas

This one has a different mesh bag

http://www.cabelas.c...eavy-salmon-net

#311639 New St.Croix Lineup

Posted by Braedon on 10 July 2014 - 11:32 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I use a Rage rod for rip jigging walleye and bass, most likely my favourite rod. I think the neoprene grips a wicked. I like the space aged designed better than my cork crucials but that must be more because I'm a younger dude. 

#311637 WHAT DID YOU BUY TODAY? FISHING PURCHASES

Posted by Braedon on 10 July 2014 - 11:00 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Bought curado I lefty. Stoked to try it out

#310877 Fishing Caps... What's on your noggin? Recommendations?

Posted by Braedon on 26 June 2014 - 09:42 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I'm not just saying this cause we are sponsored by them but Buff makes amazing products for the angler. Blocks 95% of harmful UV rays, moisture wicking, resists odours, dries quickly, feels cool to the skin and you can wear it 12 plus ways. They also come in fish patterns. It's not a hat but all you need is this and a cheapie ball hat. I swear you won't be disappointed.
Also if you do go with them please tell em we sent you. :)https://www.buyabuff...ginal/angler-uv

I actually have one of those coming in, after bass opener up north I had such a bad sun burn on the back of my neck I was resorting to fishing in 30C weather in a hoodie. Figured one of those might stop skin cancer and I hate sunscreen with a passion

#310155 Dont Forget to Vote Today

Posted by Braedon on 13 June 2014 - 01:46 PM in General Fishing Discussion

yep I have no idea how they got a majority government. Not sure wat happened there

Because they cleaned up in the Toronto Ridings, they only had something like 39% of the votes while PC 32% percent of the votes, but they had far more seats. Basically the GTA along the Lake went Liberal, and the further you drove away from the Lake it became PC

http://globalnews.ca...election-night/

the link is an interactive map

This election had way more to do about issues not fishing. Any how liberals are in  :(   Cant believe that I guess all the scandals and corruption does not matter to people, any how get ready to for it! TAXES, TAXES,  TAXES.  Also like how she promised a 8% increase to the police ( who happen to be the ones investigating the gas plant scandal ).  

Exactly although i love fishing, a well run province matters more.

#310101 Dont Forget to Vote Today

Posted by Braedon on 12 June 2014 - 08:23 PM in General Fishing Discussion

PC

Same. Don't see many voting that way in the hammer tho

#310100 Dont Forget to Vote Today

Posted by Braedon on 12 June 2014 - 08:20 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Yeah just finished, first time voting. I missed last election by a couple months. It always annoyed me when people complain about the current political party and turns out they never bothered to vote.

#310021 Comparison: Chronarch E vs Curado I

Posted by Braedon on 12 June 2014 - 11:34 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Pretty sound logic, thanks guys. I wonder if they will phase the Chronarch E out then and just keep the CI4+ and the Curado I. Basically  move the Chronarch series back to its old price point at $300.

#309960 Comparison: Chronarch E vs Curado I

Posted by Braedon on 11 June 2014 - 03:38 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Just curious has anyone used both of these reels? I have a Chronarch E and i absolutely love it and I have been looking at both the new Curado I and another Chronarch E in a high speed gear ratio. Considering they both are similar prices, guys who have used them do you think one is better than the other? I'm running on the assumption that most people are saying that the Chronarch E is quite similar to the Curado E, with exception to the spool. Curado in a white Tux as i have heard it called. Is this new Curado I an improvement then?

Cheers Braedon 

#309903 Looking For: Musky Rod

Posted by Braedon on 10 June 2014 - 02:20 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

My buddy is hooked into musky fishing now, and he wants me to scout out the usual spots for a rod for him. Any of you boys (ladies if it applies) willing to part with their old stick in order to fund a new rod?

Looking for a rod capable of handling buck tails up to 2oz, usually chucks giant killers, showgirls, smaller glide and top water baits. I haven't showed him a bulldog yet haha.

I'll also entertain a long heavy duty flipping stick. 7'6 heavy action and up.
Shoot me a pm if you feel up to parting with an old rod.

Thanks Braedon

#308454 Shimano Citica

Posted by Braedon on 20 May 2014 - 01:05 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Selling Shimano Citica 201G left hand model

6:1 gear ratio

used for 1 season, i have replaced the handle brushing with a Abec5 ceramic bearing for increased smoothness on the turn

located in Hamilton

$95 O.B.O

#308443 Bobcaygeon waters packed

Posted by Braedon on 20 May 2014 - 10:23 AM in General Fishing Discussion

My step dad went down to Bobcaygeon to fish for trout i believe. when they got their, several boats were on the water, all keeping somewhat of a good distance. As soon as he caught 1 fish, pretty small one to, the boats started swarming him right after to the point where lines would get tangled and they got fished out of the area. Anyone els experience this often?

Doubt he caught a trout, none in those lakes, only walleye would be open at this time. Apart from the elusive panfish species.
I have more problems with retards who decide to take their kids tubing or water skiing between my boat and the shore. Yeah man I'm 20 feet from the island, go ahead shoot the gap. Thought there was a law about giving at least 100 yards and coming off plane when near a boat that's fishing.

#308049 Pre season invasions.

Posted by Braedon on 16 May 2014 - 01:52 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Could solve a few of the non licensed fishermen problem by requiring you to flash a valid fishing license when you buy bait, tackle and rods/reels. It seems a little extreme but im assuming most guys carry their licenses in their wallet all the time. I never take mine out. Yeah it would be annoying if you forgot it at home when you went shopping but im sure it would make a few more people buy one. i realize they would be countless ways around it but hey people are lazy. A little work and they might give up. 

#305952 Impact of Hatchery Fish on Wild Steelhead

Posted by Braedon on 23 April 2014 - 09:33 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I had a chance to visit the Capalino hatchery in Vancouver. It's a cool thing to see all the fish being raised at different stages of their life. 1 pounders jumping up the hatchery fish ladders. Plus there is a healthy population of fish that live below the hatchery in the river and they are fishable, really regret not bringing my rod along.

#305658 Old Reel Question

Posted by Braedon on 20 April 2014 - 08:40 AM in Fly Fishing

Thanks guys, that's a lot of good information. I appreciate the help.