thebigchombowombocombo's Content

There have been 10 items by thebigchombowombocombo (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#336805 Looking to get into river float fishing - Complete NOOB

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 03 October 2016 - 12:27 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Hey there guys,

I am very interested in Salmon/steelhead float fishing in the river. After seeing the circus show at a local trib, I opted to leave the salmon alone for now haha.

Now, the thing is, I am a complete noob at river fishing and I am wondering what things I need equipment wise for a beginner. 

I read that centerpin reels are best for river fishing due to free flowing spool, Is it possible to use a bait casting reel instead? What about spinning reels?

What other equipment may I need for steelheading? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images

• IMG_20161001_144103.jpg

#335735 Amazing!

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 28 August 2016 - 09:18 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I just want to start off by saying that I have spent the majority of my summer trying to look for a decent bass fishing spot, I had pretty much zero luck until I found fairy lake. Honestly it is my favourite go to spot now, i have been fishing it for the passed month now on days that I am free,i have only been about 4-5 times. Every single time I go to this lake I always catch something and it makes me so happy because honestly I'm not even that experienced in fishing.
Here's a few photos of what I've caught! Biggest was 5lb

Be careful... once you keep these posts up there won't be anything left of that place.

#334897 Contacting OFF Admin.

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 03 August 2016 - 07:13 PM in General Fishing Discussion

You're not going to like what I just gave you xD

#334479 Favourite Way to Catch Smallmouth

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 19 July 2016 - 09:47 PM in General Fishing Discussion

That's my dream catch right there. Nice job =D

Did the fish jump at all? I've always wonder if fat fish jump lol.

#333819 UNCUT ANGLING x FISHING THE MIDWEST

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 08 June 2016 - 07:55 PM in General Fishing Discussion

DALLMYD is my favourite right now. Always looks like he's having a blast haha

#333570 Seasonal Crappie Patterns

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 21 May 2016 - 07:45 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hi there guys,

I am not interested in fishing spots as there are millions of them readily available.

I am just unsure as to what crappie are doing right now at this time of year. My understanding is that they move up shallow to spawn when the weather gets warmer but what are some ways to gauge if they are in pre-, mid, or post-spawn without being on the water and testing the bite?

Would the current month be a good rule of thumb?

I'm sure a lot of you guys on this board are crappie slayers so any information is appreciated!

#332407 Questions about zones

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 14 April 2016 - 10:25 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I am just wondering, about the different zone. Everything is pretty much self explanatory for me but I am a little confused about ports such as port dover, port maitland and port colborne.

If we fish on the piers at these ports, would it be considered zone 19 or zone 16?

What if we did not fish on the ports? I am think that we would be zone 16 but not quite sure.

Would be great if someone could clarify!

Thanks in advance.

#332213 Opener just around the corner.

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 10 April 2016 - 04:29 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I've always wondered, can you chuck spoons off piers for them the way you do for salmon? Or do they strictly eat egg imitations?

#331857 Spring Run

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 29 March 2016 - 07:47 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Can we still hook up on the piers for them like we do with salmon? I have never fished for them or knew that there would still be fishing at this time until late last year.

#330765 Spoon Chuckin' the East

Posted by thebigchombowombocombo on 23 February 2016 - 07:46 PM in Salmonid Insanity

I had no idea you could chuck spoons this time of year. I thought this time of the year was solely for fly rods up in the rivers.

What are you supposed to do? is it the same concept as Salmon? and do you fish at the end of the river mouth or inside?