fishing fr3ak's Content

There have been 117 items by fishing fr3ak (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#288436 an other crazy video

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 30 September 2013 - 08:18 PM in General Fishing Discussion

interesting way to save on hooks

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TfBKxd2Nplo

#288391 Crazy video

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 30 September 2013 - 06:02 PM in General Fishing Discussion

just seen this crazy video and thought id pass it on to you all.

scroll down to catching two fish.. on this page http://www.likeaboss...ts/index/page:2

for what ever reason the direct link didnt work

#287781 why we wear wadders

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 26 September 2013 - 10:55 AM in General Fishing Discussion

He thought he was fly fishing but..... the fish had other ideas and prefered lil worms!!!

#287685 why we wear wadders

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 25 September 2013 - 06:30 PM in General Fishing Discussion

They aren't called nutcrackers for nothing.

LOL

#287642 why we wear wadders

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 25 September 2013 - 03:47 PM in General Fishing Discussion

597409.jpg

#286764 HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO.......

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 20 September 2013 - 07:08 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I sure haven't gone that far! Lol
Good job on actually getting it.
I would say to be careful of other hooks in the tree though. Been stuck by hooks I didn't see before

Lol that's epic. ya got it back and you said its hard to find so im sure the embarrassment was worth it.

Most ive done to retive a lure is gone swimming following my line to free it up.

lol would of been easier if i just had to swim.. lol

#286756 HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO.......

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 20 September 2013 - 06:17 PM in General Fishing Discussion

to rescue your favorite lure???

HEs my story... so i'm fishing in this cramped area with a lot of over hanging trees. There is just enough room to cast right between the branches which i've done 20-30 cast already.  Just as i cast.... a gust of wind blows  me right into the tree. Pull hoping its not snagged and of course it is.  so there i am with my fav lurer hanging in a tree.. just 15 ft off shore about 10 in the air.  sitting there mocking me. At first i didn't think about going in to retrieve it. i just retied and went on, but i knew theres not a store around that sells these things (i've looked for them in many a store). i have my water shoes on and shorts so i figure ill go in. 

First attempt at going in to retrieve the lure.i empty my pockets of every thing so it doesn't get wet just incase i slip (i've learnt from past mistakes). i get in .. the water is just below the knee... two steps toward the over hanging branch and well... its a lot deeper than i thought. but not too deep. but its deep enough that i know my pants are gonna get soaked. Not worth it so i get out of the water. Look around and start thinking hmm.. nobody around its unlikely that ill see anyone in this area sooooooo..... 

second attempt... i take off my shorts (thank god i wore undies that day) and i go back in. start walking closer to the branch that has my fav lure in it.  i get to the branch  the water is about waist deep. i reach up for the branch i can barely reach it.. and i start pulling down on it. i pull it about as far down as i can pull it and the lure is still just out of reach... like inches away. so here i am in the water no shorts on pulling on a tree and it just out of reach so i did this all for nothing. i'm like GRRRR. So i figured i went this far i'm getting it back no matter what. so i pull harder and i'm more less climbing the tree branch from the water. Its a pretty thick branch in no danger of breaking. In doing so i'm half lifting my self out of the water the water is about knee level my feet are off the bottom off the river bed im kinda just hanging there half in the water. I manage to touch the lure and i'm starting to untangle it, when i hear a ladies voice behind me. "DO you need help?"  OMG how embarrassing!

Anyway i got my lure back, met a new friend and can laugh about it now. I'm just wondering how far others have gone to retrieve a lure, or if i'm the only fool to do something crazy to get it back?? please share any stories you have so i don't feel like an idiot.

#286749 HOT SPOTS

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

lol@ you clown.... funny

#286033 Fish species that you caught so far and fish species you plan of catching ...

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 17 September 2013 - 10:29 AM in General Fishing Discussion

i seen a mooneye caught once in the thames river in london. So i know they are there but i think they are pretty rare.

#285988 Fish species that you caught so far and fish species you plan of catching ...

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 16 September 2013 - 11:55 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Caught
Lake sturgeon 
Longnose gar (sort of)
Atlantic salmon 
Chinook salmon 
Coho Salmon
Brown trout
Rainbow trout
Brook trout
Lake trout 
Lake whitefish 
Cisco or lake herring
White sucker
Carp
Channel catfish
Brown bullhead
Northern pike
Burbot
Yellow perch
Walleye
Sauger
Smallmouth bass
Largemouth bass
White bass
Rock bass
Pumpkinseed
Black crappie
white crappie
creek chub
Hornyhead Chub
shinner
american eel
grass pickerel
blue gill
round goby
sucker
sheephead/drum
Black Buffalo

wanna catch
Bowfin, Muskellunge and Mooneye oh and a snakehead would be cool to catch.

#285785 Uncle steve good or bad?

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 16 September 2013 - 01:23 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I just spent about an hour watching uncle steve videos on you tube. He seems to do a lot of ""experiments"" and is generally amusing. (to me anyways)  I'M just wondering what the general feeling about him is. Entertaining , informative or a waste of time (guess ill  never get that hour back). Heres a few links for members that don't know who i'm talking about. apologies to anyone who gets HOOKED in advanced.

http://www.youtube.c...VIY22_VlQ#t=786   <<-- Berkley gulp! maggots

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Zr7Hdop8v7o     <<-- yellow bullhead

http://www.youtube.c...&view=0&sort=dd     <<--his main page (dudes made almost 1000 of these)

#285712 Round Goby Galore

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 16 September 2013 - 07:55 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

i have seen a white bucketer (duno what the 3'rd b is.. bastards??maybe)  with a few water snakes in his bucket before, but never a bird. thats just retarded!!!

#285697 2nd Annual OFF Outing...Geen OCT. 24-27

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 16 September 2013 - 01:17 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Check Google Groups for updates and use it for e-mail exchange and scheduling

off-outing@googlegroups.com

​I'm unfamiliar of how  groups work in google can some one explain how to access this option?? 

#285693 Happy but DISGUSTED

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 16 September 2013 - 12:53 AM in Salmonid Insanity

Holy crap dude.. Thats just WRONG!!

#285640 Catching bigger Speckle (brook) trout

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 15 September 2013 - 08:29 PM in Fly Fishing

nice spec

#285314 Artificial bait

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 14 September 2013 - 08:52 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Gulp alive got my vote to.

#285311 New Method 2

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 14 September 2013 - 08:48 AM in Salmonid Insanity

^^  opps my bad... i did keep it horizontal though and released it.... btw i was there 3 weeks later and its still there and healthy.

#285308 Lil brooks and brown

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 14 September 2013 - 08:33 AM in Ontario Fishing Reports

the most enjoyable trips i've had this year were up lil creeks by myself catching smaller fish (trout n chubs) but  you do occasionally catch a nice size one.

I'd keep that spot to my self if i was you.  I recently told someone of a spot that i've never seen any one in for years and now i see people there regularly (including the guy i told). Lesson learned. I now understand BETTER why we don't name tribs and locations. 

#285306 Round Goby Galore

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 14 September 2013 - 08:20 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

hmmmm i wonder what the fishing is like for other species in china where these things naturally live. and as far as eating them ewwwe... but for the contest if you eat one will give ya an extra 5 points..... lol .... joke!!!

#285303 What Knots do you use?

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 14 September 2013 - 08:00 AM in Fly Fishing

i use the fishing fool.... more times than knot <<<<<<--- haha i did a funny. it can be used as a regular knot  or a loose loop knot.  I believe it won on year on  knot wars one year.

http://www.youtube.c...DB81A906A43A0E6

#285062 Ontario Fishing & Trophy size Info

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 13 September 2013 - 07:24 AM in General Fishing Discussion

http://www.ontariofi...ishrecords.html

Click that^^^ or just google ontario fishing record

#285042 storm ponds

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 12 September 2013 - 11:49 PM in General Fishing Discussion

The storm pond I usually fish Has Bass, Sunfish, Catfish and Carp. I doubt there are any pike. The White bucket fishermen have been killing it and my last few outings I have been skunked. Im sure it will be fished out real soon.

White bucket fisherman should be killed along with the gobys. oh sorry did i type that out loud????

#285032 whats your fav lure?

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 12 September 2013 - 11:12 PM in General Fishing Discussion

i also love my jitterbug  for same reason top water explosion!! 

#285029 heading to mountsburg

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 12 September 2013 - 10:55 PM in Welcome!

I was fishing in a small spot i know in Carlisle.  Was talking to a few people there and apparently the pike that are there came from  Mountsburg. I guess years ago there was a big flood and some pike got over the dam there at Mountsburg and ended up down stream in carlisle. They have pretty much taken over the area i was in.  There was a decent trout population there before they came from what i was told. Any way i just found it interesting how a few pike can totally take over an area so quickly.

#285024 Round Goby Galore

Posted by fishing fr3ak on 12 September 2013 - 10:26 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

lol..didn't know it was gonna start a whole goby killing contest.... but  i'm totally  game!!!