Lure's Content

There have been 262 items by Lure (Search limited from 25-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#296592 Braid on baitcaster

Posted by Lure on 04 December 2013 - 12:06 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Lure,,,,  ,X2  I do the same thing works great ,,,,,,,,,,

great to know you do the same thing ..... it's more than respooling to me ..... it tells me about the hand feet and mind coordination ..... it will tell you if there something wrong with your feet or hand.

#296463 Braid on baitcaster

Posted by Lure on 02 December 2013 - 10:40 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

OH.........

ya, no.

already tired that with the backyard tree. 

use a pencil on braid spool....poke the center ...hold with your toe left and right.....this worx with me all the time.

#296267 Eating Lake Ontario Fish

Posted by Lure on 30 November 2013 - 01:25 AM in General Fishing Discussion

What about free wifi while on the road, or bathroom stops?

Seriously though, my immune system collapsed near the beginning of 2012, and I just barely survived and managed to recoup quite a bit of my health. I still have a compromised immune system, so I am in a good position to be a "guinea pig" for junk food, because if it's bad, I can feel it immediately through various symptoms.

I wouldn't eat a McDonalds burger unless someone paid me thousands of dollars, because I would literally be playing with my life! Same goes for a fish from Lake O. Before I got really ill, I would eat fast food and the
occasional small fish from Lake O. But definitely never again! I would however eat a fish from Lake Huron or Georgian Bay. Lake O is much more polluted. But many of my friends don't seem to care and still eat Lake O fish. 

It could be early sign of ulcer, but If it is liver related issues

Here's some signs that your liver is not that good

- Swollen Abs

- Jaundice

- Abdominal Tenderness (pain on the abs)

- Urine changes (dark yellow)

- Irritated skin (itchy flaky)

- Stool changes constipated, irritated bowels

- Nausea

- Loss of Appetite

- Fluid retention (ankles and feet)

- Exhaustion fatigue, mental weakness, memory loss, confusion

-

Functions of the liver:

The liver regulates most chemical levels in the blood and excretes a product called bile, which helps carry away waste products from the liver. All the blood leaving the stomach and intestines passes through the liver. The liver processes this blood and breaks down the nutrients and drugs into forms that are easier to use for the rest of the body. More than 500 vital functions have been identified with the liver. Some of the more well-known functions include the following:

Production of bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion
Production of certain proteins for blood plasma
Production of cholesterol and special proteins to help carry fats through the body
Conversion of excess glucose into glycogen for storage (glycogen can later be converted back to glucose for energy)
Regulation of blood levels of amino acids, which form the building blocks of proteins
Processing of hemoglobin for use of its iron content (the liver stores iron)
Conversion of poisonous ammonia to urea (urea is an end product of protein metabolism and is excreted in the urine)
Clearing the blood of drugs and other poisonous substances
Regulating blood clotting
Resisting infections by producing immune factors and removing bacteria from the bloodstream

When the liver has broken down harmful substances, its by-products are excreted into the bile or blood. Bile by-products enter the intestine and ultimately leave the body in the form of feces. Blood by-products are filtered out by the kidneys, and leave the body in the form of urine.

The liver can lose three-quarters of its cells before it stops functioning.

In addition, the liver is the only organ in the body that can regenerate itself.

Here's a Link to liver diseases with detailed explanations:

http://www.medicinen...f_liver_disease

The older we are, the lazier these organs will become. Sports activity and massage will help to make those organs excrete those toxins. A clean gutt is very important as well. Big deposit of Sludge stays on the gutts, these makes the belly bigger. A good way of cleaning the gutt is by taking in antioxidant foods, plus excercise and lots of water. One of the best antioxidants are carrots, brown asian pear, pineapple, and lots more.

#296168 Eating Lake Ontario Fish

Posted by Lure on 29 November 2013 - 10:44 AM in General Fishing Discussion

I've eaten 25"+ coho from east trib during salmon run.  Needed the roe and didn't want to waste the fish.  But it was super chrome.  Also have kept 30" chrome chinook but meat wasn't good at all, had to feed to dog (meat was more white than orange).  Also kept a 18" chrome bow from east trib.  

As far as taste, not as good as up north that's for sure.  The best bows I eat are from GB tribs.  But sometimes you cant go that far and you need roe.  I dont think it's good to eat all the time, but once a month a meal can't hurt you that bad.  Especially compared to what's at the grocery store.  

Europeans come by during the salmon run and take home super beat up black/brown chinnies and since they come back each year I don't think it's killing them off LOL so unless you have health problems, eating lake O fish will probably be fine.  

We were born with different genes, some genes can tolerate lots of diseases but weaker on the other diseases.

#296151 Eating Lake Ontario Fish

Posted by Lure on 29 November 2013 - 01:04 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Our Kidneys can handle these but depends how good they are. A sign of a weak kidneys are leg and back pain, urinary urgency, fatigue, swelling of ankles, foot, legs and hands, irritated skin, nausea, metallic flavour on your tongue (smells like ammonia). It's always best to check with your doctors. If the immune system is suppressed from chemotheraphies and radiation the kidney plays an important role. Kidney process all that chemo drugs and If it is weak, chances are you're not gonna make it. Life is short, risk is everywhere, everyone will choose whats best for them.

#296006 Crazy vid on youtube!!

Posted by Lure on 27 November 2013 - 05:27 PM in General Fishing Discussion

The biggest Bass I'm aware of is on Lucky Lures website ... under Articles and Press.

#295495 Fishing rod guide "glue"

Posted by Lure on 24 November 2013 - 10:27 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

epoxy is the best, electrical tape is something you must have out there when you're fishing, it can quick fix and make you fish again but just temporary fix, If you like to fix ... rather fix once and use epoxy.

#295485 Fishing rod guide "glue"

Posted by Lure on 24 November 2013 - 07:01 AM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

easiest cheapest would be electrical tape

#295269 Over the limit gets a $1600 fine.

Posted by Lure on 21 November 2013 - 07:51 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Penalty should be atleast 5K.

#295267 Impressed with Shakespeare customer service

Posted by Lure on 21 November 2013 - 07:39 PM in General Fishing Discussion

you can fix that with needle file and brush em up with lacquer thinner.

#295119 MNR Survey

Posted by Lure on 20 November 2013 - 06:53 AM in General Fishing Discussion

done. 

#295118 Another tip, .... Pro's do not read this!

Posted by Lure on 20 November 2013 - 06:45 AM in General Fishing Discussion

This Posts will help fly fishing Noobs like me on fly fishing, experienced fly fishermen knew this already but not mean to stop them from reading, I just don't want experienced fishermen waste their time reading what they already know, you can add If you feel like. I shouldn't post fly fishing tips anymore from an articles, there are Fly Fishing instructors who make a decent living on Fly fishing.

#294955 Another tip, .... Pro's do not read this!

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:50 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Wow Lure you're on fire with the tips! ;-)

I shouldn't post tips anymore, there are Fly Fishing instructors who make a decent living on Fly fishing. 

#294954 What gear bag do you use?

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:39 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

this is what we do when we dont fish yada yada yada :razz: :razz: :razz:

#294949 The most disheartening item you lost in the drink

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:33 PM in General Fishing Discussion

I lost a lot before, hooks & worms tipped over by another fisherman, lures, bobbers, cellphone. I learn from those, I checked every now and then.

#294937 Duck Vs. Pike

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:16 PM in General Fishing Discussion

pike not too lucky either lol

yeah I forgot about that but forum won't let me edit anymore.

#294935 What gear bag do you use?

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:14 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

backpack will keep your back warmer on cold weathers but weight is not distributed, all on your back, you might lose your balance.

sling and hip pack is alright, sling you can switch to the front or back, same with hip pack.

If you worry about spending too much, there is a computer store that sells these for under $60 both.

Link as follows:

http://www.factorydi...ags___Backpacks

#294933 Duck Vs. Pike

Posted by Lure on 18 November 2013 - 07:02 PM in General Fishing Discussion

maybe I should come up with a new lure :idea: :idea:  I never seen a lure osprey yet. :cool:  :cool: 

#294779 Question about sanctuaries

Posted by Lure on 17 November 2013 - 02:09 AM in General Fishing Discussion

i fish in a river where theres a no fish zone and i was wondering if you can stand on the fish able area and cast into the sanctuary. ive met people who say its legal as long as you dont cross that boundary and some who've told me otherwise, i just want to clear this up before i try something illegal cheers and tightlines

CT its not worth it, It's just a fish you can catch again next time you come back, with your skills it will be easy. Fish anywhere and stay away from sanctuary.

#294627 Another tip, .... Pro's do not read this!

Posted by Lure on 16 November 2013 - 12:55 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Not a pro. No one will ever be a perfect fly fisherman, it's all about sharing our knowledge and learning new things. I like helping people out, so I thought if weigh in! (Just over 10years fly fishing)

Good to know that, I'd been fishing for many years and there are many things I'd been doing out there that I think will work with fly fishing but I have to learn 1st fly fishing. I will choose self taught, I'm not worry about making mistakes, It inspires me more. Pinning is good as well, but that will be next. Thx again!

#294619 Duck Vs. Pike

Posted by Lure on 16 November 2013 - 12:15 AM in General Fishing Discussion

Duck not so lucky.

Attached Images

• pikevsduck.jpg

#294484 Whats your thoughts on fish attractant sprays for steelhead fishing?

Posted by Lure on 14 November 2013 - 08:24 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

do not eat burger before you fish

#294477 Another tip, .... Pro's do not read this!

Posted by Lure on 14 November 2013 - 07:45 PM in General Fishing Discussion

When fishing big articulated intruders for browns (works for steelhead to) I will cast to 2oclock (12 being the line between you and the opposing bank) with a big upstream mend to allow sink time once on the swing I point my body downstream with my rod parrell to the banks and "pump the rod" which allows a swing/swimming baitfish presentation. Hits generally come on the first pump or the last pump before the dangle.

Thnx for the tip. You're a pro and you still read this? :razz:

#294330 Another tip, .... Pro's do not read this!

Posted by Lure on 13 November 2013 - 06:46 AM in General Fishing Discussion

FLY FISHING TIPS

Three Big-Streamer Tactics For Giant Fall Browns

Creep and Sweep (above)
Giant streamers shine for big browns holding tight to the bank. Situate yourself 25 to 35 feet off the far side, and cast directly across-stream tight to the edge. As soon as the fly lands, make a couple of big upstream mends. Once the fly has had time to sink, make three or four hard, fast strips. This gets the fly working upstream tight to the bank for a few beats before it swings out into the main flow—and it's often right at this turn that a big trout smokes the bug. If not, take 10 steps downstream and repeat the process until you've worked the whole bank.

Splash and Dash
In pocket water, you're apt to be dropping the fly behind a boulder only 10 feet away, and the zone may be so short you don't have time to strip. So just pull 15 feet or so of line off the reel and make short roll casts to the sweet spots. As soon as your fly smacks down, give it a few fast twitches with your rod arm. You're trying to mimic prey that is suddenly in the wrong place at the wrong time and trying to get out fast. This doesn't allow the trout much time to inspect your streamer, and the big profile makes for an easier target. A big brown may attack the second it hears the fly slap the water.

Low and Slow
Several new-age patterns, like Rich Strolis's Head Banger, are designed to mimic sculpins and need to be fished right on the bottom. "I cast mine directly upstream with a floating line," says Strolis, noting that a sink tip adds too much weight. "Once it gets to the bottom, I'll strip slowly, just enough to keep contact with the fly as it moves downstream." Working a streamer downcurrent on the bottom takes some getting used to, but Strolis says the trick lies in setting the hook on any stop or tick during the retrieve. Even big trout will just suck it up off the bottom, which can feel very subtle.

This is for fisherman who wants to learn fly fishing out there.

Another article out there.

#294266 Hello Folks

Posted by Lure on 12 November 2013 - 07:39 PM in Welcome!

Welcome Dave, you will like it here!