classic drifter's Content

There have been 25 items by classic drifter (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#328363 Shot line.

Posted by classic drifter on 18 November 2015 - 11:02 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

Am I the only one who uses 12 lb main?

No youre not alone brother, reason of me using 12 is it somewhat gets stuck in the creases of my digits when i side cast if the line is too small dia. I still remember when PUMP KNOWS first saw me out east, he was like what Lb test line are you using? Like 20lb? Then i told him it was 14 at that time, i explained to him and he understood why, LOL!!!

#328357 Habitat Destruction

Posted by classic drifter on 18 November 2015 - 10:08 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I know this may sound a little noob, but once i removed a branch that was in the creek due to it catching my leader often, once i pulled it out there were alot of snagged lines on it with hooks and what not, IMHO i dont think i altered anything, but forgive me if i had done something illegal or incorrect, the only thing in my mind at that time is it will be benefecial for the fish and me, less hooks dangling around and no more hooks and line lost on my part. I once asked about removing a fallen tree from a creek and the only way the local govt or the MNR would take action is when it is stopping the fish to head upstream, if it provides shelter for the fish or does not get in the way of them heading up no action would be taken, and as far i know what those guys were doing is wrong! I just say let nature take its course if there is a massive enough rain to clear all the debris and branches and what not and make new home for fish so be it, all i can do is walk pass a nice pool if its really unfishable due to "structure" just my 2 cents,

#328270 Fishing with Rod: The Hunt for Egg Hunters

Posted by classic drifter on 14 November 2015 - 02:44 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

im drooling!!!!

#328256 Ice Hut recommendations

Posted by classic drifter on 14 November 2015 - 01:37 AM in Ice Fishing

he IS the best fishing buddy ever. doesnt swim in my pools and is an excellent listener off leash!

rapala%20dogs%20who%20fish.jpg?dl=0

Wait why is his leash on the water??? Did you peg him up on the bank?LOL!!!

#328238 Ice Hut recommendations

Posted by classic drifter on 13 November 2015 - 05:41 PM in Ice Fishing

I just got a new pop up from Rapala and I've already set it up a few times just for fun.  I chose the Asylum3 (six sided hut, am I crazy) and curious to see how Ill manage on windy days, lol.

I was looking at the two man Rapala cruzer flip over shelter but it weighs in at a cool 87lb so I didnt really have a choice, did I? 

To tow it, I got the rapala 56inch low rider sled and pulling harness, lol.  

Few more accessories and I'm ready to giggity giggity go.

rapala%20asylum3.jpg?dl=0

i beleive thats the best fishing buddy ever! so calm and relaxed! 

#328236 Lake Wilcox Ice fishing.

Posted by classic drifter on 13 November 2015 - 05:37 PM in Ice Fishing

DILLIGAF, is it the actual bay area around the marina that you are talking about?

#327643 Fishing is not allowed at Mill Pond

Posted by classic drifter on 23 October 2015 - 02:25 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

looked like this?

Found this pic from another forum...

opaft3.jpg

positive bro!

hell he looks like the same dude!!!

LOL!!!

#327630 East Creek Clean Up 2015

Posted by classic drifter on 22 October 2015 - 06:14 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

What-are-those-meme-30534.jpg

LOL!!!

#327569 East Creek Clean Up 2015

Posted by classic drifter on 19 October 2015 - 02:24 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

yes...I remember when I was in high school we have field trips cleaning up a portion of pasig river. It was black stagnated water. Sad really. Imagine if the river was clean...I heard the gov't at one point dumped thousands of janitor fish in there to help clean up. there could be river monsters there now...

yeah bud, laguna lake and pasig rivers are heavily infested with them now, this fish are not even edible! and are good for nothing plus they destroy fishermans nets and eat alot of wild producing fish eggs, and BTW the local waters are now a semi amazon area, thanks to all those released and escaped pets when flooding happens are all now in the waterways and lakes. gotta hand it to them peacock bass, clown knife fish, giant red tail catfish, plus a mix of african cichlids makes fishing the local waters fun! water quality was never good as long as i can remember though. 

what the heck are janitor fish?? do they go around with a mop and pail??

KNUGUY, they are common pleco fish, known locally as the janitor fish due to its "tank cleaning" habbits they are algae eaters so the government figured they would clean things up, well they were wrong! LOL!!!

#327566 East Creek Clean Up 2015

Posted by classic drifter on 19 October 2015 - 01:31 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

DILLIGAF, This looks like a " creek " back home, just look at all those "structure"  that the fish could hide into LOL!!! and yes this is the typical water body condition for the most of our back home waters 

#327548 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 18 October 2015 - 01:10 AM in Float Fishing

Is it a flimsy 7'2"? Cause it seems interesting for tiny canal fishing for steel, LOL!! Pair it up with a pin i guess, LOL!!!

#327544 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 17 October 2015 - 12:34 PM in Float Fishing

okay lets see what this IM8 can do tomorrow with some boots, if it flips it with no problem then ill keep it the rod, if for whaetever reason im not happy ill try and get the shorter 11'6", LOL

#327530 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 15 October 2015 - 08:31 PM in Float Fishing

Matt Thanks for the kind advice brother! I shall "boot test" it this weekend! LOL!!!!

#327527 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 15 October 2015 - 03:40 PM in Float Fishing

okay fellas i have made my decision and i went with IR4J's custom steelheader IM8 you cant go wrong, i just need to fish with it to know what are the limits to the power of the rod and how to utilize the rod the best way possible, looks and feels whippy but without testing it yet i cant judge it yet, if its the rod for the job i will have no problem keeping it, thanks for all your help and tightlines everyone! p.s. steel are just around the corner so cant wait till the chrome starts pouring out of the tribs. thanks again regards C.D.

#327526 Atlantic Salmon on a stringer...

Posted by classic drifter on 15 October 2015 - 03:13 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

look at that kype! hope that fish made it through!

#327521 Fishing is not allowed at Mill Pond

Posted by classic drifter on 15 October 2015 - 12:12 AM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

I was reading by this thread and just to share something, i fished the smaller pond a little north of mill, and to my suprise there was a 10 ish lb super bright colored koi at the end of my carp rig, im pretty sure he/she had whiskers/barbels, i had the pic in my old phone which i cant find anymore, but there should be a few more one that is pure silver and a white one with spots on it, its sad that they closed the place down for fishing

#327514 Not sure if I am fishing or videotaping anymore !

Posted by classic drifter on 14 October 2015 - 01:33 PM in Welcome!

welcome to the forums! im pretty sure youll get along with the members, specially PUMP KNOWS! LOL!!!

#327429 Closet clearing

Posted by classic drifter on 11 October 2015 - 12:32 AM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Im interested in the rod bud! Do you still have it? Thanks

#327428 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 11 October 2015 - 12:24 AM in Float Fishing

Who has the Simax's on 2 for $150.00?
The key wth any Rod is to balance the reel on it properly. The weights of the Rod or the reel become moot if your setup is unbalanced.
Having said that, the Simax is one of the lightest rods around...I wish I had the specs. to back my claim.

Pro J tackle here in scarborough! LOL!!!

#327400 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 08 October 2015 - 11:08 PM in Float Fishing

Thanks for all the input guys, whether shimano gives me a new rod or not, im going for another rod so the more input pros and cons the better, gagnons have a pretty decent selection of streamside rods, i really consider them,i consider a raven rod also, a little steeper on price but may be worth the extra penny, i tried the rapala magnum 13' earlier again the balance and weight is not ideal for me, tomorrow more rods to look at, and if i really come across a rod that clicks with me, oh well ill probably put it to the torture test right away, LOL!!! Does anyone heard about the browning six rivers? How are they on the feild?

#327375 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 07 October 2015 - 09:12 PM in Float Fishing

Thanks bud, i saw one at a local tackle store for 100 bucks or 2 for 150, LOL, i dont have a doubt it would turn salmies over with no problem, but my main "thing" is the actual weight of the rod, a little too heavy for me, i doubt that i would last a day fishing with it without taking like 5 breaks just to rest my arm, but thanks for the tip, i had that one in the selection list anyway,

#327373 Float rod suggestions

Posted by classic drifter on 07 October 2015 - 08:16 PM in Float Fishing

Hey fellas! My shimano clarus 13' just had its final boot last sunday, after roughly 2 years and a bit it served me well, some 4 day a week trips, the odd 10+ fish during prime days, and the almost 20 fish day that i have fishing for bows in the spring, all in all exellent rod, cant get warranty for it cause it was a gift from my uncle, and he does not have the receipt anymore, my question is, what would you fellas reccomend as a sucessor for this rod, nothing too expensive but i want somewhere within the lines of a little backbone, not too heavy, but flexy enough to tail a fish if needed, thanks in advance and tightlines to all of you!

#321576 Coming soon to a location near you...

Posted by classic drifter on 26 February 2015 - 10:52 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Hey man, at least you have an excuse....I watched Frozen at home by myself.  I had to see what all the hype was about!

same here, a trade in vehicle has a frozen dvd kickin around so me an the guys at work watched it, soooooo,,,,,, i was actually entertained by the movie! But i wish elsa was here so she could just "undo" winter! LOL!!!

#321158 What Do You All Wear Under Your Waders??

Posted by classic drifter on 06 February 2015 - 11:28 PM in General Fishing Discussion

Long johns and proper merino wool socks that is knee high, some bass pro EC3 thermals for top amd im comfortable already, everything has to be breathable to me otherwise i end up either stinky or sweaty! LOL!!!

#319916 The Ultimate Photo Thread

Posted by classic drifter on 03 December 2014 - 12:50 AM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

here ill post a picture beside a 5 inch reel, you can rough it. and as far is girth, minimum this fish was 18 inches around.1980-01-01000009_zps13fc5d74.jpg with 29 length and 20 inch girth came to 14.5 @ 18 inches 11.75on this site http://www.ontarioan...info/weight.cfm

Man! Nice fish! And that sand bank looks familiar!