nerosrevenge's Content

There have been 34 items by nerosrevenge (Search limited from 21-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#305316 opener schmopener

Posted by nerosrevenge on 15 April 2014 - 06:37 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

You must Hunt turkey in the spring strictly for sport? I find the big toms aren't that great eating.

Hey Captain. I have to disagree with you lol I haven't met a Tom I didn't like.

How are you preparing them?

I have found that with all wild game the preparation and cooking makes all the difference.

Shawarma...where are you located?

#304201 FYI on C&R

Posted by nerosrevenge on 02 April 2014 - 09:04 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

kid-saves-fish-from-drowning_c_2477985.j

Too funny!

#304200 GTA Steelhead

Posted by nerosrevenge on 02 April 2014 - 08:56 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

As another new member, posts like this do not welcome people at all

As a bit of background, I have been fishing steelhead and salmon in every trib from Bronte to Shelter Valley for 35 years and came where in hopes of finding a forum to share my experience and to also gain some new techniques I may try and benefit from. This is the second time I have posted about snide remarks towards new members questions. It leaves me wondering if it is even worth the effort to participate in these posts as it seems like an exclusive club for the chosen few.

To the original poster......I am in the east and all the creeks are high and muddy out here and will more than likely be like that through the weekend. I can give you an update on Friday if you wish

I agree with you JDean.

I am also a new member but not new to fishing at all and I have run into a lot of this.

That said, there are also plenty of members who are willing to help. You just have to get to know who's who.

I hope you decide to stay, based on your experience it sounds like you would have much to offer.

BnK...I would love to see a pic of that!

Cheers,

Steve

#303893 The Ultimate Photo Thread

Posted by nerosrevenge on 30 March 2014 - 05:10 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Well done! Nice to see someone getting out.

Steve

#303788 steelhead help

Posted by nerosrevenge on 29 March 2014 - 09:27 AM in Float Fishing

Great advice guys. I am new to Steelhead fishing as well and these explanations are very helpful.

What size floats do you guys generally carry?

Steve

#303787 Any Longnose Gar fisherman here?

Posted by nerosrevenge on 29 March 2014 - 09:17 AM in General Fishing Discussion

I've always wanted to fish for them, there was a good article in the 2014 Ontario Out Of Doors Annual recently on Gar.

#303679 fish watching in Toronto/Ontario

Posted by nerosrevenge on 27 March 2014 - 07:22 PM in Welcome!

Hi everyone, 

I am doing some research for a blog/site we are hoping to launch in the coming weeks called Tripchasers - cataloguing unusual/unique things to do in Ontario. Fish watching (please don't laugh) is high on our list, and we're doing research on three separate topics on Toronto:

1) Watching rainbow trout jump in HR - we'd like to base a 2014 "trip tip" on this Star article - http://www.thestar.c...h winter/March?

2) We've heard a rumour that MNR installed carp barriers on HR and several other rivers in Toronto, and that it's quite a spectacle to see dozens or more of them congregate at barriers as they are trying to go spawn. Does anyone know the details? Sounds like a cool day trip idea.

3) Lastly, we heard of someone in TO trying to organize a carp fishing competition. Google searches did not turn up much - perhaps some folks here know details? We'd love to interview an organizer and feature the event.

Any other unique fish (not necessarily fishing) related tips would be most welcomed - we are looking for unusual things that provide good photo ops, make good stories, and don't encourage irresponsible/illegal behaviour :)

Thanks so much!

Sounds like a cool idea, keep us posted.

Steve

#303678 Grenadier Pond 2014

Posted by nerosrevenge on 27 March 2014 - 07:12 PM in GTA Urban Shore Fishing

Depends - I hear crappies are nice fish - you may want to check with it's parents though and get a curfew. I hear there are some nice restaurants there along bloor!

... sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

Well done sir! I laughed alot.

Steve

#303639 breaking the ice

Posted by nerosrevenge on 26 March 2014 - 09:01 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thanks for sharing.

#303456 Huron water conditions

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 10:04 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thank you as well, glad to see you took it the right way.

I made the same mistake when I first joined and was unaware of the rules. I have since met a few people and learned a few things.

What purpose does demeaning a stranger serve to you? Did you feel good after your last post?

The point is that complaining about the rules of a forum you willingly subscribe to is illogical. Simple.

Sorry if my comment got under your skin.

Steve []*[]

#303455 GB Tribs...

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 10:02 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thank you Graham and Drift King.

Much appreciated.

Steve

[]*[]

#303423 New spinning real

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 06:54 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

It's a little more cash than the ones you're looking at but I'd say the best spinning reel on the market today (for the price) is the Shimano Sahara, you could probably find one slightly used if you are stuck in that price range.

Can anyone comment on what size Sahara would be good for Steelhead/Salmon? I have a line on a 2500FD but I am not sure of the size.

Thanks,

Steve

[]*[]

#303421 SEARCHING FOR SHOE LACE MATERIAL TO MAKE SLINKY WEIGHTS? DIY

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 06:51 PM in Fishing Gear Talk and DIY Corner

I have a ton of paracord. I don't mind sending you a bit if you want to try it out.

PM me.

Steve

#303420 GB Tribs...

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 06:49 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Hi all.

If anyone can comment on GB tribs please PM me?

Thanks so much,

Steve

[]*[]

#303418 Huron water conditions

Posted by nerosrevenge on 24 March 2014 - 06:45 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

seriously! there is something wrong with this rule. I thought this website was meant to help others out, provide info and fishing related conversation.

if u mean to tell me that people seeing that pic of the river and hearing about the conditions is gonna keep u from catching fish there, you r crazy and I wont nothing to do with this forum. ill spend my time on grey bruce outdoors where people arnt such cry babbies

The other forums I'm on definitely aren't this anal. Don't worry I won't post anymore pics,give out any more info I gess everyone jus has to go find out themselves.
I think the big rivers that can handle fishing pressure shouldn't matter about naming them. Jus the smaller river/creek/streams should be kept quite. Jmo

I am new here and I don't want to make enemies but...the bottom line is that the forum rules state that the naming of rivers is not allowed period.

No one is forcing you to stay.

Steve

#302966 Drifting flies??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 18 March 2014 - 12:21 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thanks for the great advice, I look forward to trying this out.

Steve

#302916 Drifting flies??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 17 March 2014 - 05:59 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

I'm not sure of this is the right place to ask this question but has anyone had any luck drifting flies or fly and bead combos for Steelhead?

I saw it on a youtube video and I know it's done by some when fly fishing, just wondered if there was any point to trying it.

Thanks,

Steve

#302915 First Steel of 2014

Posted by nerosrevenge on 17 March 2014 - 05:56 PM in Steelhead and Salmon Fishing

Thanks for sharing that.

Steve

#302870 Looking for a float rod trade for $50 Bass Pro gift card??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 16 March 2014 - 10:50 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Well I picked up the rod today and I have to say I am pleased with it.

The rod is if sufficient quality and for the price I feel it's a good value.

It helps if course that is was on sale, which I did not know prior to heading to Bass Pro.

I can wait to hit the water with it.

Thanks again for the advice.

Steve

#302810 Looking for a float rod trade for $50 Bass Pro gift card??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 15 March 2014 - 09:22 AM in Buy/Sell/Trade

The micro-lite from basspro are great rods for the money. I picked a 8' up for bushwacking a little trib last year in my area. Its a im6 graphite with a decent back bone, as far as hooking into a salmon im not sure if its got what your looking for, would be fun horsing one in for a bit, but you might end up with 2 rods instead of one. I liked the rod so much i picked up the 9'6" for a back up to keep in my car instead of having one of my higher end rods in there to be stolen like my last one did with my spare waders.

Thanks for the info. I am heading to Bass Pro tomorrow with the fam for the Spring Fishing event I hope to grab one then.

Steve

#302460 Looking for a float rod trade for $50 Bass Pro gift card??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 10 March 2014 - 07:15 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Thanks for the advice. I am just getting into float fishing and I am not sure how much my schedule will even allow me to get out.

I think I'll start with this rod and see how it goes from there.

Thanks again for the great advice.

Steve

#302326 2013/14 Ice Fishing Photo Thread

Posted by nerosrevenge on 08 March 2014 - 01:29 PM in Ice Fishing

Had one of my boys out for his birthday recently:

gallery_36244_111_416341.jpg

#302323 Birthday Pike on Little Lake Barrie

Posted by nerosrevenge on 08 March 2014 - 11:03 AM in Ice Fishing

Hi all.

My wife and I took one of our boys out on the hardwater for his birthday recently.

We had a fun day, not a lot of fish but we did manage to get one:

gallery_36244_111_416341.jpg

Anyone else have luck on Little? Share your pics.

Steve

#302319 Personal Best Laker

Posted by nerosrevenge on 08 March 2014 - 10:26 AM in Ontario Fishing Reports

Good on ya!

#302304 Looking for a float rod trade for $50 Bass Pro gift card??

Posted by nerosrevenge on 07 March 2014 - 10:31 PM in Buy/Sell/Trade

Yeah I was looking at those, I am heading down to Bass Pro next weekend so I'll have a look.

Thanks guys,

Steve